Re: [OPEN] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

by brigitta1710

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

this happens on my pc game too but it doesn't crash for me (thankfully). But my game also has random lagging in it too and the only way that seems to fix it for me is when I keep clicking on the game menu to save. :/

Message 11 of 29 (1,559 Views)

Sims 4- Issue w/ Photography set from Moshino Pack

★★ Apprentice

Issue: For the past month, whenever I try to use the photography set from the 'Moshino' Pack, my time stops working and I still get notifications. Then I try to save cause in the past that has solved it. Now when I try that my game continuously is on a saving screen and I end up having to force close the app and lose my progress all over again. I've played the same sim day 10 times now trying to figure out what to do different. I haven't tried the Photography studio from 'Get to Work' yet to see if it does the same thing. 

Packs: I have every pack except Bowling.

When does it happen: Everytime I try to take a photo of a sim.

Things I have Tried: Saving and repairing the game multiple times. 

Mods: I removed my mods, repaired the game, and I have kept them out since. 

Message 12 of 29 (1,545 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Issue w/ Photography set from Moshino Pack

Hero
@DreamingStarz14 I merged your post with the existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 29 (1,528 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Issue w/ Photography set from Moshino Pack

★★★ Novice

I deleted all of the images from my screenshots folder (nearly 4000 of them, almost all 'photos' taken with the camera!) and this problem was instantly resolved for me. 

Message 14 of 29 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well it's 2021 and I can say this is still an issue on PS4.

Trying to take a photo of anything using a camera from inventory crashes the game with the CE-34878-0 error when exiting photo mode.

This seems to be a memory error as I took two of my Sims to a completely empty unbuilt lot and while it stuttered a little exiting photo mode it didn't crash, and it usually crashes immediately on a lot with any structure.

Seems if there was ANY way on console we could simply purge the game memory it would stop a lot of crashes, especially allowing us to purge before exiting photo mode, exiting build mode, or saving the game... the places where most of the crashes occur.

Message 15 of 29 (1,451 Views)

Game Lags after Camera Use? PS4

★ Novice

Anyone find the game super laggy after using the camera?  I installed the Interior Design pack and after taking the before photos and going into build mode, I couldn’t play effectively as there was so much lag. 

Message 16 of 29 (1,307 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I usually use my phone cam for photos and have massive stuttering afterwards on Xbox. 

Message 17 of 29 (1,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same on Xbox. Now Im trying to use the decorator career and can’t because it crashes after I take the picture. Smh!!

Message 18 of 29 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I am on pc, I get the lag but not the crashes. It goes back to normal if I open the menu or the inventory. It looks very similar to another reported bug, Lag when entering or exit building mode. Maybe it is the same issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PC-MAC-Massive-Lag-when-entering-and-exiting-BuyBuild-Mod...

Message 19 of 29 (1,289 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue after I go to build mode and after using the camera. When I go to game settings and click esc. the problem is gone. 

Message 20 of 29 (1,255 Views)