Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

by keekee53

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

★★ Guide
@JamJamsArt Did you check to make sure the household was blank? I had a few like that but then some only had a child in it even though it appeared blank in manage households. It's bizarre either way, honestly bcus children can even be in a household by themselves without a mod and I have nothing like that.
Message 201 of 413 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@thecharsims from my experience if you go into the empty household's CAS a random sim is generated on the spot, it still means it's blank but the game can't open an empty CAS
Message 202 of 413 (1,234 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@keekee53 Hi so this is what I did - I went through Henford to every household and I removed all of the Fox challenges, then I saved. Then I downloaded @83bienchen mod townieoverhaul_less fame mod as well and also chose the following in the folders NO new foxes and no new petstrays and less crumplebotton. Then I saved again... Then I went to the mail box and used the MCC but - first I saved the households that were homeless that I wanted to keep (I just maxed out like 3 lots with these sims temporarily) Then in MCC I removed all homeless households. So that brought it down to a measurable amount of households... I then saved again... My saves are still huge though 100,000 size... So I quit the game... I will go through and Delete the localthumbcache - but then what - What should I expect? I will go and evict all of the homeless I put into households and save again... Hoping those 1000's of households won't return... I just want to know what do I need to do to get the game file size back down again to about half the size it is now?? So the lag will go away and I can play my game again - where I left off at???
Message 203 of 413 (1,169 Views)

★★ Guide
@birdsbeard That's so strange. For me, the blank household in manage worlds was a kid I have seen in game a few times. She actually lives in San Myshuno by herself. I had thoughts to adopt her. That's when I noticed a blank household one day and when I clicked on it, it was her. Idk this game seizes to surprise me with stuff like this.
Message 204 of 413 (1,161 Views)

★ Guide
@magyar1380 Every time you do anything to the mod folders, you should delete the localthumbcache. If I am not mistaken, it could hold stuff and might be why your saves are still large. I also used save as to get a fresh save to test on to compare size. You may get a tad bit of lag when the game is generating NPC for the jobs like the village pub owner, etc. I deleted them all so I experienced this. Hope this helps.

I have been playing with no issues so far.
Message 205 of 413 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@keekee53  I tried your method on my old bugged saves but the game crashes to desktop any time I try to enter Build Mode on any of the Henford lots. Which is so weird - I wasn't actually getting many CTDs on those saves before, just long load times and unplayable lag. I don't know how those saves got even more broken after just... sitting untouched for days, but now they don't wanna load anything in Henford, lol. I'm assuming those saves are corrupted beyond repair at this point, but if EA ever comes up with a bugfix, maybe I'll be able to at least get Henford lots to load so I can experiment with the lot traits. 

Message 206 of 413 (1,131 Views)

★ Guide
@bubonickitten Ugh so sorry to hear that. I don’t know what to do if you can’t even get in Frown. This is the biggest mess.
Message 207 of 413 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Still yet to see any official statement regarding this matter or a conclusive guide for players, outside of the troubleshooting steps listed here. Quite an awful situation for a full game pack.

Been playing with 83bienchen's fox mod and haven't encountered any bloating issues so far on my current rotation playthrough. I've played as some of the pre-made families in Henford without issues too, might move one of my households there and test more. 

Message 208 of 413 (991 Views)

Re: Game Completely Unplayable since cottage living AND july 27 update

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me since I downloaded cottage living also. Lag has been so severe my sims won't do anything. This did start after I moved my family into the house I built for them in Henford. Building the house without any sims living on lot was fine, but as soon as I moved them in, it was all over. Loading screens take longer than five minutes, and the time goes slow and choppy. This is the case trying to play families out of the Henford world now as well. A lot of new blank townie households have been created for me too.

Message 209 of 413 (966 Views)

Re: Game Completely Unplayable since cottage living AND july 27 update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too

I tested it with and without mods

If I play another worlds, everything is fine, no lag, and i can do club gaterings and invite people to my lot

If I visit any lot of the new expansion, the game generates a huge amount of empty households, its very laggy and i cant do club gaterings in the lot, and nobody comes when i call

I deleted the cache of the game and origin, repair it and reinstall it, but have the same problem

Message 210 of 413 (1,165 Views)