Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

by keekee53

Original Post

Re: Please Help! Severe Lag since update and Cottage Living

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would start with reading this thread from the beginning... All of us are having this issue... EA / MAXIS has yet to even acknowledge there is an issue... Good luck with a real fix anytime soon... Damn unplayable game yet again... 

Message 191 of 413 (1,979 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

★ Guide

small update...

Played for about 3 hours.  I am still playing a Sim in Oasis Spring but townies have been generated and no blank households.  Save file still in the 55000 range.  So far so good.  Possibly tomorrow I will be rotating and moving to Henford, which will be the real test.

Message 192 of 413 (1,919 Views)

Cottage Living Made My Game Unplayable.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a feeling it's happening to everyone at this point, so it shouldn't be that hard to find all my issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game freezes, will not load, occasionally will crash.
What do you expect to see? A game that I am able to play with it not lagging, freezing, crashing, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading Cottage Living Expansion Pack.

Before I had Cottage Living, my game ran perfectly well. I never had a problem with it, even after the update before Cottage Living was out I was able to play the game pretty well. After I got cottage living my game began to lag when moving the camera, if I changed the speed of time it would take awhile for it to actually take in effect. If I clicked on a sign, an animal, or really anything it would take awhile for the wheel to even show up. All buttons in the game are distorted, and do not look like they should. My sims can't leave the home lot as when they try to go back to the home lot, the game would proceed to say "Unable to Load" and would immediately crash afterwards. At times when I save it would crash the whole game, as well as after it has exited it will continue to be on the screen, which causes me to have to restart my computer but cancel the restart for it to close the game.  I have removed MCCC as well as UI Extensions Mods from my game, I have removed all my CC, I have repaired my game several times, and even removed the reshade mod. None of it has fixed the issue, I know it’s not my computer as it’s a gaming laptop that is higher standards then the Sims 4’s minimum requirements. 

Message 193 of 413 (1,872 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Made My Game Unplayable.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheLoneWolfGYTYup! Same here. And OH looky! No word at all from EA or the team about addressing these very pertinent and Reasonable pleas for a fix for these ever - growing issues!! "Oh we're listening, but we aren't really listening to the Bug complainers" is their overall vibe right now. No, they'd rather have live events on Twitch about streaming the game pack and showing off its Very obvious LAG.... Yet find that perfectly okay and "adds to the charm of the game" or have a SimGuru in chat literally outright say "We're not discussing bugs or glitches in here this is a" Fun" stream only" - - - Like what?! Are you for real? 😑🤬Fed up to the NTH degree about all of this!!! Not ONE Word since the last game-breaking patch! I can't even believe they haven't acknowledged it, and at least alleviated a Lot of people's concerns and very valid frustration over Not being able to Play The Game properly or in some instances even at all! Instead, they tease about upcoming "Refreshes" for a certain game pack that has Nothing at all to do with their latest bug-infested EP?! 💩

Truly terrible business etiquette. And they wonder why EA has such a sore, and abysmal reputation amongst its consumer base... And why so many Refuse point blank to ever buy another product from them again after being burned so badly in the past. People have had enough, if EA want so badly to redeem themselves and make a change, as they so state... then Start by actually **Communicating** better with us!!! It's honestly that simple 🙄🙄

End rant.

TLDR: EA Need to learn how to Communicate better with us. Address the Bugs. Address the Simulation Lag! Tell us Something, reassuring those who legit just bought the game and its New EP. (New users - - aka cash cows. Aren't getting the best impression EA...) Before their reputation tanks even further... If that were even possible. 

Message 194 of 413 (1,812 Views)

Re: Huge save bloat and ram usage since cottage living

★ Apprentice

I um have been having this problem also, i think its the same atleast. it began when i updated, i tried removing mods and cc. 

I have noticed that my game seems to create thousands of homless households not in world and i can see them in manage households, i recently decided to download the turbodriver logging mod. 

That showed me that my game appears to be logging the creation of 100k plus households, occasionally removing them but still creating an insane amount. 

.-. Has anyone else figured this out its really making the game harder to play?

Message 195 of 413 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They are listening and do respond to bug reports - we're just a week or so out from when we can expect our next Laundry List of pending fixes. 

I "me too"ed this, as I have OCCASIONALLY lagged out loading to new areas - most recently, attempting to travel from New Old Henford to the Bramblewood - and have frequent long pauses / freezes in my game. I had attributed these to an aging laptop, which still may be a culprit, in m particular case.

Please don' use these boards to abuse the staff. It doesn't help them or the community.

Message 196 of 413 (1,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SindocatHey there, i genuinely never meant to come across that way at all. So I apologise. I didn't realise that you took it as I was hurtling abuse at the Staff in my post.

Heck I used to praise The SimGurus (and I still do appreciate and commend them!) for all the work they have down and continue to do - - I just have seen what everyone (who disliked or outright Hates EA) have been saying all along about Time crunches and forcing the Devs to work within a certain time frame. It makes sense from a business model, but not with a loyal and vocal consumer base in mind.

I didn't really notice the 'haters' because my game ran fine! Most have the attitude, ahem are in the mindset of "So what does it matter if their game isn't "up to scratch" as long as mine runs fine, I don't have any bugs and even if noticed a few, it isn't enough for me to worry about, people should be grateful that they're giving us free stuff and stop moaning about their game not working for them!" But how do we voice our concerns and let them know that we aren't happy, but we're still patient, yet it's tough because all we wanna do is just play our game so badly and be happy and Sim to our heart's contents. We're Simmers too, you see this right? But...I digress.

And yeah I totally acknowledge that SimGurus are giving us new Free Base game content. And lots of new patches by way of Laundry Lists. So again, why are people even complaining?! - - then it happened to me. My game legit broke, it was so unbearably laggy and had a crazy amount of frame-rate drops (on a next gen console it should not be this bad) and crash after crash. Saves became corrupted etc. So I bear and grinned it, and thought they'll get to it eventually, I'm not gonna freak out. I'll be patent and wait and play something else in the meantime. Weeks went by... Not a peep. Then the Cottage Living pack dropped and it seemed okay at first. But after the hotfix patch came in, that's when my game broke even further. If it were possible. And now I'm stuck Bug Testing instead of enjoying the new Farming EP which I bought full price, and I was excited for and hyped up for over a month. Can you understand now, why I and many are so frustrated and reached this point? Maybe? If not, I get it I was you a few months ago. Maybe when yours gets to this sorry state, you'll find yourself in my mindset too. I hope it doesn't though! And I do look forward to seeing the Laundry List fixes incoming in a week - two weeks time. Again , I'll patiently wait. But you gotta agree, the last few laundry lists have been lacklustre (remember the one from a month ago? It had only a few bug fixes and mostly trivial ones like icon fixes for Moodlets etc, which were fine but missing the bigger picture) . But I didn't say a word about it and waited for the next one, and yet again very few Big / Game-breaking Bugs have been addressed thus far.

I dunno, I think we are in our rights as Consumers (people who buy a product and spend our hard earned cash on it) and we do have a right to be upset when the product we bought isn't working. If you bought a brand new laptop and the outer casing was scuffed, would you accept it? I personally probably wouldn't make a huge deal about it. Because it's only cosmetic- - however if it were the computer screen which had glaring scratches or cracks. Obviously you would ask they replace it for you right? There's a difference when I attack EA (Parent company of Maxis) and only Address EA. When I was referring to SimGurus in the Twitch chat, I just meant I was a bit annoyed that they vetoed our concerns and danced around the topic of bugs. That's all. I like a lot of the SimGurus and even follow them on twitter. But we still have to let them know if our game's buggy or we aren't happy with certain features / gameplay. That's how they are able to fix, update and better the game for all involved. Constructive criticism is not a bad thing, if anything it leads to better progression. But, yeah maybe I could have been a bit less hostile and toned it down. In hindsight, I was reacting with emotion, instead of thought. Lol just like my hot-headed Sims sometimes do, my moodlet was set to raging. Now I'm suddenly chipper tonight. 😂

TLDR: I apologise if it came across as an attack against any staff, that wasn't even an intention. We're just all a bit fed up and on edge and venting is our only way of expressing dismay over the state of The Sims 4 right now.

Message 197 of 413 (1,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello all.

I just want to let you know that the team is still investigating this issue.  However, unfortunately it will take some time.

CM Edit: Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 198 of 413 (5,147 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I enabled Cottage Living with an recent pre-CL save, got rid of all the wild fox challenges and also installed bienchen83 townie overhaul mod...so far the game is working fine again...fingers crossed. 

Message 199 of 413 (1,708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@COSMICSMURFER I am so with you!! I feel the same way - how many people are having this problem and cannot really play their game??? Spending HOURS trying to fix this mess of a HUGE bug (that TONS of players have) just to reduce the file bulge by like 5000 Only... down to 95,0000 from 1000000 is not a real fix... This sucks and I as well will NOT by another EA / Maxis / Sim product until it is fixed correctly and I do own ALL of the Sims 4 EVERYTHING up to this point... FIX THIS!
Message 200 of 413 (1,655 Views)