Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

by keekee53

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane L

★ Guide

@83bienchen  Apologies if you've already answered this elsewhere, but do you need Get Famous in order to use your townie overhaul mod?

Message 181 of 413 (1,395 Views)

★★ Apprentice

SAME! Lucky for me I had saved files on another drive when I upgraded my SSD last month!!! I had to just disable Cottage Living and go back to an earlier save in order for the game to be playable.  THIS SUCKS!!!

Message 182 of 413 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem but also with weird families with pictures of stretched out foxes and rabbits Sorry for poor quality photos 

Message 183 of 413 (1,309 Views)

★ Guide

Alright a small update from me and this ridiculous issue.  I am playing nearly 200 sims in my current save so putting them in the library and placing them in a new save was just not an option for me.

I deleted all the Henford townies in a fit of rage(so this step may not be necessary)

I went around to all the lots in Henford and removed the fox challenge.  Literally all the lots had the challenge.

On my current rotation I am playing a sim that is not living in Henford atm.  He is living in Oasis Spring. (FYI)

I then downloaded @83bienchen mod townieoverhaul_less fame mod chose the following in the folders NO new foxes and no new petstrays and less crumplebotton.

Downloaded MCC to delete the homeless sims.

Deleted the localthumbcache and restarted the game.  Deleted the homeless using MCC.

I personally felt a difference in the game already.  Other households were gone except some strays and weirdo foxes which I deleted as well.  Closed the game and removed MCC.

Deleted the localthumbcache again and played again.. I am still getting a wonky error on betterexceptions but hey the game was running better.  I had my sim attend the Henford fair.  A new grocery stall lady spawned, a new mayor, a new pub owner, etc.  stayed and finished the fair.  Had my sim go back home after.  saved and checked other households.  Everything seems normal so far.  We will see how it goes with more playtime.  My next sims in the rotation is moving to Henford.  Then I will really get to see if this is a real solution.  Wish me luck and I hope this helps someone else.

Message 184 of 413 (1,191 Views)

Please Help! Severe Lag since update and Cottage Living

★★★★ Novice

Help!!! Ever since the last update and downloading Cottage Living, my game lags and freezes to the point of being unplayable. I have contacted EA like 5 times, I have repaired the game, cleared my cache, done a clean boot, optimized my system, made sure my wifi is up to par, Nothing helps a bit. I have noticed, under "Manage Households", there are thousands of empty households in there, no people in them, just taking up space. I suspect this has something to do with the problem. I spent 10 hours yesterday deleting households, saved and exited, only to go on today to find they regenerated. I have no idea at all how to make them go away permanently. Does anyone have ANYTHING that I can do, please??

Message 185 of 413 (1,162 Views)

Re: Please Help! Severe Lag since update and Cottage Living

@Lildrumergurl7

It's a bug, I've merged your post into this thread on the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 186 of 413 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hope it works!!! I've given up and am playing an old save (pre-Cottage Living) and disabled CL from my game. That's the only way I can still play at this time. Keep us posted!!!

Message 187 of 413 (1,160 Views)

★ Guide

@keekee53   I hope it works out for you! May I ask what your save file size is now? Did the bloat reduce at all?

Message 188 of 413 (1,143 Views)

★ Guide
@bubonickitten dropped from 83913kb to 55696kb which is pretty good. When I first got the bloat I was up to 119063. I believe that was before I removed all the fox challenge. Once removing the challenge, and manually deleting a bunch every day I got down to 83913kb. After MCCing the other households and doing a bit of fair testing in Henford down to 55696kb. This number may seem large too but my save is pretty old and I have nearly 200 played sims in my rotational save. By comparison, to saves before the bloat my current save is smaller..LOL

I really think this is related to the fox challenge but it is just hard for me to prove without being a coder. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Message 189 of 413 (1,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue and also incredibly frustrated!!! I've talked to EA 5-6 times about this now and nothing they suggests helps. It seems as though they are unwilling to admit this issue.

Message 190 of 413 (1,876 Views)