[FIXED] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by generuler4

Original Post

Re: Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to add that I am having this same issue. I kept trying to place a Britechester commons build that I used to successfully place in previous saves but for some reason it now keeps continually crashing my game. After a lot of searching I finally came across this thread about the mannequins and the lot I was trying to place did have mannequins on it. I luckily had this same lot on another save so I was able to test going into it there, removing the mannequins, saving to my library, going back to my new save and being able to place that lot without the mannequins successfully now. But hope you guys fix the mannequin issue soon!

Message 11 of 169 (6,500 Views)

Can't Place Certain Lots Without Crashing (NOT CC-related)

★★★★ Novice

Some of my saved lots AND other public gallery lots are completely broken and I cannot place them without the game crashing.

The lots that are already placed (that are also saved in my gallery) I'm having issues with because items are randomly disappearing.

NOTE:

> I have lowered the graphics to low to see if it was my graphics card. The only thing that changed was my game crashed faster.

> These lots are completely broken and it's not CC-related because I tested the game with 0 mods in my folder.

> I haven't tested a lot of public lots from the gallery. I only have one so far that I know of.

Try it yourself. Search in the public gallery - Victoria's Secret
The lot is by SandraMarseille

Make sure the lot you test it on is 30 x 20

This is an EA problem. The newest update was horrible for the game and needs a complete revamp.

I don't know how to contact anyone from the department directly to get this fixed.

Message 12 of 169 (6,518 Views)

Re: Can't Place Certain Lots Without Crashing (NOT CC-related)

Hero
@amandalynnz Do those lots have any mannequins ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 169 (6,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, under 10 the max.

Message 14 of 169 (6,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue since last night. I thought it was just my laptop but came across this thread.

Message 15 of 169 (3,242 Views)

Hero
@amandalynnz There's currently an issue with mannequin lots crashing the game. I merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 169 (3,227 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Frown

Message 17 of 169 (3,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue.

I moved the whole \The Sims 4 folder out, disabled all packs except GTW, started a new save, and built a retail lot. I placed the mannequins on platforms. I saved the lot to my library, bulldozed it, and replaced the lot again. It placed with no problems.

Next, I had a sim (the only sim in the save at the time) buy the lot, created a bunch of outfits for mannequins and employees, dressed the mannequins, and posed them. I saved this lot to my library again. I bulldozed the lot again, and tried to replace the newly saved lot. This time my game crashes.

For my next attempt, I moved all the mannequins onto one platform and saved it as a room. I bulldozed everything again and replaced the first lot that had placed without any issues. It placed without problems again. Then I placed the room with the dressed mannequins and that one was placed just fine too. So I guess if I'm gonna share this lot I'll be separating the dressed mannequins from the lot.

TL,DR: Game crashes when placing lot with dressed mannequins. Lot with undressed mannequins placed fine. Room with dressed mannequins placed fine too.

Message 18 of 169 (3,074 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing here! The following happened to me:

(sorry for my english)

If i put a lot of gallery with mannequins in my game, it would crash. If I place the same lot but unfurnished, it works. If I put the mannequins myself, it works. However yesterday my Sim bought an outfit on a retail lot and sometime later the game broke. I entered CAS (with this Sim) and when I left, the game loaded the world screen and my family had disappeared from the house. In the miniature of the house there was another family, duplicated. I'm not sure if this has to do with the mannequin outfit, but I'm investigating if today will happen again as today my Sim didn't buy the outfit. 

Message 19 of 169 (3,050 Views)

Game crashes when I try to place a large lot

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently changed my pc and due to origin not backing up my sims 4 game correctly I lost all of my save files which is unfortunate enough since I've been playing this game for nearly 5 years but now I'm trying to rebuild everything since I had previously remade all the lots and sims which most I had luckily uploaded to the gallery so I still have most of my progress on that. But I just tried to place a 'retail' lot I had made and my game crashed, after attempting this a few more times and my game still crashing I obviously was aware that something might be wrong there. The retail lot is a 50x40 lot and it does have a lot of items in it but this was never an issue on my old pc and my pc has been upgraded when I changed it so it's not an issue with my pc. But I'm not sure what to do about it in my game, I've also tried to 'repair' my game on origin but that sadly didn't do anything to help

Message 20 of 169 (3,017 Views)