by Arekkino

Original Post

Households saved to your library not properly tagged with packs used

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together GP: Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out SP: Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Spooky Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You must have at least one pack installed - Save any household to your library (or upload it to the gallery) and take a look at the packs that were used
What happens when the bug occurs? The gallery will show packs, which you haven't used, in the Uses Items from These Packs tab
What do you expect to see? When saving households to your library or uploading them to the gallery they should be properly tagged with the packs that were used to create them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I save a household I created to my library I noticed that said household is not properly tagged with the packs I used to create it. A family I made using only base game clothes (except for the hot/cold weather wear, I used the Seasons Pack for those) was tagged with the Vampires and Spooky Stuff Pack despite me not using a single item from either of them. I went through all outfit options (even with the packs filter on) to check if I accidentally used one I didn't mean to but nothing showed up. Another household didn't even have a pack included at all. However, in CAS the outfit is very clearly tagged. I included screenshots to better demonstrate what I mean. I can say for almost certain that newly created households are unaffected by this.

Message 41 of 71 (2,490 Views)

Re: Households saved to your library not properly tagged with packs used

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I figured out the gallery bug. It's actually not a problem with the gallery itself, it is in fact properly tagging packs used, but rather how the game generates outfits. If you create an every day outfit using accessories or make up from any of the available packs (even base game only) and then play the Sim you created on any lot - you don't even have to do that, just create a Sim with a bunch of accessories and make up, place them on a lot and then load any household - the game will then proceed to generate "hidden" random outfits using the every day one you created as a base. What are those "hidden" outfits? All career clothes, special outfits you can create using the "Set Masculine/Feminine Trend" interaction from the Styleinfluencer career, and randomised clothes townies run around in for some reason. You know the ones - the ones that run around in socks and sandals, leggings, a skirt, sunglasses, a big sweater, a mismatched hat, and of course the infamous eyeball ring - an outfit you most definitely never created for any of your Sims. The third screenshot shows what I’m talking about. I definitely never gave my Sim that outfit. Those random clothes are quite similar to the ones your Sims wear when they stepped out of a shower in a gym before that bug was fixed. To test this theory I have created a Sim giving her make up from the Get Together and Vampires Pack, I also added accessories from various packs such as Cats & Dogs and Spooky Stuff, and then saved her to my library - in the screenshots you can see the results. First screenshot shows the items I used for her. I then made her join the military career and waited for her to go to work, once work started she changed into her work uniform. She kept the make up and some accessories I gave her. Once she returned I changed her in CAS, removing her make up and her earrings/necklace, and also the leggings I gave her. Then I changed her every day clothes into base-game-only clothes (every other outfit, formal, party, etc. was base game already so I didn't have to change that) and saved this Sim to my library as well. Second screenshot shows that she still has the Get Together eyeliner and earrings, Vampires lips, and Spooky Stuff necklace despite her very clearly not having any of those items in the preview image. Through my testings I also found out that career unlocked outfits will not be listed in the items used tab (can also be seen in the second screenshot). You can see she has a military uniform, which has the StrangerVille tag, and a few gardening career outfits from Seasons, none of which are listed in the items used tab either. The last issue could be easily solved if career outfits get listed in the DLC items list, the one that shows you what you get if you purchase a pack. The first issue seems to be a lot more complicated since the way the game generates outfits has to be changed. 

Message 42 of 71 (2,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ArekkinoSo it’s basically the situation outfits not clearing properly. Makes sense. The situation outfits are really buggy, I wish the developers could get rid of them altogether, or completely start over with that part of the code to be sure to remove everything buggy with it. Best thing would be to add about five standard situation outfits per situation+gender+age, i.e. five spice festival outfits for women, five for men, five for girls, five for boys, and so on for all festivals and other situations. (Even better if players could change them.) Just as it’s possible to make five outfits per sim group (woman, man, girl, boy) for clubs. But most importantly that those outfits aren’t tagged to the sims, so they’re completely situational and just worn by the sim temporarily and then removed properly.

Message 43 of 71 (2,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ArekkinoBtw, interesting design that the unlocked career outfits are tagged to the sims/households in that way. Probably because they’re normally hidden in CAS and can’t be unlocked in any other way than going through the career. It’ll be interesting to see how it will work when the knitting pack comes, since some of those clothes will be locked in CAS until you knit them, which would mean that when a sim knits something that item will be unlocked in CAS and therefore the knitting pack will probably show in the gallery, even if the sim isn’t actually wearing anything knitted. I hope they change the code so that unlocked CAS items aren’t tagged to the sims/households in that way. Btw, this is a bit OT but there should be a way of unlocking locked CAS parts with a cheat, just as it’s possible to unlock BB parts with bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement.

Message 44 of 71 (2,400 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd I do think that they should give us a bit more freedom on how we want to create our Sims. If they added an interaction like let's say "Change career outfit" once your Sim is in one it'd make things a bit easier. There are some swatches for career outfits that I like and I want my Sim to use when they go to work. Now granted unless you can follow them who cares about what color the outfit has since you won't see your Sim until they return. But it'd still be nice if we had that option. Also your last point: I couldn't agree more. Unless I really enjoy a career I cheat my way up to unlock specific outfits to then save a Sim wearing one of them to my library in case I want to create a certain look. If we had a cheat that allows us to unlock the entire CAS that'd be amazing.
Message 45 of 71 (2,368 Views)

Re: Unused packs showing in gallery builds

★ Novice

I  want to know one problem I have. Everytime I load the game. In the main meny it keeps poping up saying ” We think you would like this pack” but the thing is that I have the the pack installed.

Message 46 of 71 (2,339 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Gallery showing wrong packs used

Anonymous

Having this in August 2020; the game keeps insisting packs are used when they're not. I've now deleted the ones where this happened, but, I'm sure I can upload some more if needed. Happens in both library and gallery.

Message 47 of 71 (2,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Having this but in kinda reverse? It's saying no packs used, when there are multiple packs used.

Also, I don't use Move Objects cheat, but some things that were in the build (and placed with it previously) no longer place with the furnished build.  Specifically, the art from Vintage Glamour was on the walls - and shows in the images - but is no longer in the build + it will not allow me to place them.

The lot is Dream Weavers Way, and is available on the gallery - velvetmews on there, too. There are other things uploaded which are supposed to be base game only, but now I am worried that they do actually use packs but the gallery hasn't told me Frown

Edit - apologies for posting twice in a row, I managed to not notice the previous response was also me. So I guess I have the issue in two different ways, excellent lol.

Message 48 of 71 (2,223 Views)

Hero
@Anonymous It's fine to post twice in a row if the posts are > 24 hours apart.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 71 (2,178 Views)

Re: Gallery issue with showing packs I did not use

★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo wrote:

It looks like the issue is that coliumns may not be appearing in the "Show Used Items" list.  We will look into it.

I was having this problem too today - the gallery showed that packs were used, but when I clicked to see which items, it was just blank.  Turned out it was the roof pattern, column, and spandrels.

Message 50 of 71 (2,135 Views)