Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Gallery showing wrong packs used

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to build with only a single pack or only base game. Save your build periodically. Eventually, if you build long enough, it'll tell you that items from another pack are included that you didn't intend to include. From your library save, check the "Show Used Items" on the packs it lists. Eventually you'll find that it shows you a pack in use, but does not list any items used in the pack. I've heard this happens to other people as well, so I know it's not specific to my game and it's been happening since I owned the game. I don't build with pack restrictions often, but when I do, I'd say it happens at least 50% of those times, maybe more.
What happens when the bug occurs? The library or gallery save of your build will show that packs are included that aren't included. It will fail to list any included items (I believe because there aren't any to list).
What do you expect to see? If I build base game only and there are no items from packs included, I expect my library and gallery saves not to show other packs included. If items from other packs are, in fact, included, I expect it to tell me which items are included so that I can eliminate them if I choose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Below I show a base game only build.  I don't believe I've included any items from other packs.  However, when I save the build, it shows Get Together and Vampires as included packs.  When I click to see which items from these packs are included, none are listed.   

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 71 (13,361 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Gallery showing wrong packs used

★★★★★ Apprentice

As requested, here are links to each of these bugs. After some more testing, I took the liberty of splitting the last ("Unlockable/craftable") in two separate bugs since they were quite different in how to reproduce them.

The platform trim-related bug also has its own thread now:

Phew, that was a lot of writing!

View in thread

Message 70 of 71 (7,875 Views)

All Replies

Re: gallery showing items not in build

Hero
You say that you removed your mods.

What kind of mods where you using and at what point did you remove them ? Did you test a fresh build on a fresh vanilla game that never saw any mods and the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 71 (13,215 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It has nothing to do with mods.  This is something that happened to me several times before I ever started using mods.  

But, I've made some progress and have some more info for the testing team. I spent some time with this build going item by item, trying to see if I could figure out if there were any items used that were from the packs it was telling me. After some time with no success, I tried placing it unfurnished and I figured out that it was something in the build, not in the furniture/decor. I was able to narrow it down to stairway banisters from the Vampire pack and a roof covering from the Get Together pack.

So, my conclusion is that the feature in the gallery has problems with showing used build items, in particular. Of course, EA testers are going to have to do more testing to see if it's isolated to specific build items or if it's all build items. If it's all build items, maybe it's a feature they never wrote into the code and that's why it's happened to me and others I know so many times. (I run pack challenges, so I've heard about experiences with this problem from players on multiple occasions)

If it's something they haven't included in the code yet, it would be great if they could include it.

Message 3 of 71 (13,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I got a question for you guys?, What version of Sims 4 do you own Digital Deluxe, because it comes with two hidden packs, called Awesome Animal Hats and Life of the Party, these are the two hidden add-on that are not displayed in the pack list on the menu or on the gallery.  These packs have items mostly in CAS and a few game related items like special bar drinks, and a special bar that shoots flames.  This could cause the gallery to say you have added packs, but its not listed in the gallery. 

Edit: Anyways I just noticed the pound you have out in front is the shark pound from Get Famous, I believe some of the windows and fences are from the vampire back, I looked up the gallery to get a closer look, but since its not listed on the gallery I won't be able to tell you exactly what it is.

Message 4 of 71 (13,181 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GT] [V] Gallery showing items not us in the build

Hero
OK. Thanks for the detailed testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 71 (13,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The pond is one I created. It's not from any pack.

I've already figured out which items it was (posted above).  Apparently, there's an issue with library or gallery saves showing some, or maybe all, build items from used packs. It's something that EA testers are going to have to check within the code and do further testing on.

Message 6 of 71 (13,144 Views)

Unused packs showing in gallery builds

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 4.1174
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game pack and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Many items in the gallery showing packs and items used that are not in the lot or household.
What happens when the bug occurs? I make a family or build in to share in the gallery and in the gallery description it shows packs used that are not present in the household or build. Either the "items used" display is blank, or is showing items that are not present. I have seen other people in the gallery with the same problem.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see only basegame or the packs I actually used.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This family is supposed to be basegame only.  They were built using the basegame filter.  I carefully went through and checked every item.

Capture.PNG

When I viewed the items used none are present, no sims are wearing these items!

Capture2.PNG

The same in builds, except the items used area is blank.  This renovation is supposed to be base game and dine out only.

Capture3.PNG 

Capture4.PNG

Message 7 of 71 (13,106 Views)

Re: Unused packs showing in gallery builds

Champion (Retired)

Are these still on the gallery? Is this household and build the only ones with this issue?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 71 (13,095 Views)

Hero

Hi @SarahLaCroix 

someone else reported a something very similar the other day so I merged your posts.

Could you check if it's the same GT object for you as it's for @KrystalGamer1  ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 71 (13,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

These are the only ones that I've experienced so far, I haven't shared them yet because I wanted to fix the bug first.

Message 10 of 71 (13,084 Views)