[OPEN] Gallery screenshot is blocked by trees/objects on several lots

by ohbuggeritall

Original Post

Gallery Screen Shot bug for Hound's Head property

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug can easily be viewed by posting a build to the gallery from the Hound's Head lot in Brindelton Bay.
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen grab for this lot looks through the scenery on the opposite side of the road obstructing the photo with particles from the surrounding assets.
What do you expect to see? The screen shots/photos should be unobstructed by debris from the game. At present, it only seems to happen on Hound's Head lot (the 64x64 Brindleotn Bay lot) but it always happens. I've tried both Sims 4 default camera mode and Sims 3 legacy camera modes and both show obstructions to the photo/screen shot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached is a png file screen grab of my latest Hound's Head lot gallery posting.  It clearly shows the debris I'm referring to.

Message 11 of 38 (1,517 Views)

Re: Gallery Screen Shot bug for Hound's Head property

Hero

HI @Duhgirl2u2

merged your post with existing thread.

Thanks for the extra report. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (1,506 Views)

Increasing Number of Lots Completely Blocked By Trees & Etc. Objects

★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration, and Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try saving lots. I've had this issue in many lots, in Brindleton Bay especially. HOWEVER more recently I downloaded Seasons and that is when it got really bad. Perhaps there are more trees/bushes? ****INCLUDED SOME SCREENSHOTS. Two saves of the same lots (one in San Myshuno's "The Old Salt House" lot and the other in Brindleton Bay's "Dachshund's Creek" lot) and how much more obscured those same lots look from the same exact angle after downloading Seasons.****
What happens when the bug occurs? First image on Gallery upload is all trees. Super annoying.
What do you expect to see? Minimal: Lot photos that aren't completely blocked. Better case: An option to choose from a few angles, like with sims and rooms. Best case: An option to include your own screenshots. To avoid abuse, you could use some sort of in-game system where you can only choose angles of around the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Didn't begin when I downloaded Seasons, but got worse for sure. I know it was Seasons because it's been out for a while and I only just downloaded it now and that's when this occurred.

The Sims™ 4 2020-03-30 9_44_06 PM (2).pngThe Sims™ 4 2020-03-30 9_44_12 PM (2).png

The Sims™ 4 2020-03-30 9_45_32 PM (2).pngThe Sims™ 4 2020-03-30 9_45_43 PM (2).png

Message 13 of 38 (1,406 Views)

Re: Increasing Number of Lots Completely Blocked By Trees & Etc. Objects

★★ Apprentice

Another example - Hindquarter Hideaway, Brindleton Bay.

I know this didn't happen when I originally downloaded Cats & Dogs, because I had previously saved this same build in a lot with no visibility issue pre-Seasons.

The Sims™ 4 2020-03-30 9_58_11 PM (2).png

Message 14 of 38 (1,397 Views)

Re: Increasing Number of Lots Completely Blocked By Trees & Etc. Objects

Hero
@EtteSims Merged this with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 38 (1,348 Views)

tree in the way of gallery photo

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? the latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a building with 4 floors, and set the height of all the walls to max. make the building right at the front of the 64x64 lot in brindleton bay. try to upload it and see the tree in the way
What happens when the bug occurs? a tree is in the way of my gallery photos
What do you expect to see? the building ive spent a lot of time on not a tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

tree in the way of gallery photo of brindleton 64x64 lot. how do i get rid of this as it is nerfing the amount of downloads i am getting. many thanks

Message 16 of 38 (1,306 Views)

Re: tree in the way of gallery photo

★★ Guide

@Preante1 I'm not sure if you're willing to do this or if it'll actually help, but you could try lowering your graphics settings. I play on low settings, and off-lot trees (at least the ones near the camera) usually disappear when I'm posting to the gallery. 

Message 17 of 38 (1,268 Views)

★ Novice

Did anyone find a way to fix this yet... it's happening on all of my lots that are over 30 by 30. I've tried moving them, it just blocks the view with something else. I've tried reducing my graphics, nothing. I've tried going in with a sim in live mode, it's still blocked. This is making the sparked challenge almost impossible for me.

Message 18 of 38 (1,215 Views)

★ Guide

The lot in sulani that originally has the shipwreck on it has it's photo being taken from inside a rock. You can't see anything. 

Message 19 of 38 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a workaround for this. For me, it was related to how tall the building was.

I bulldozed The Lighthouse in Windenburg, double checked the image would be fine uploading to the Gallery. No trees in the way.

Then I built a few floors and a tall roof, checked again, and there were trees in the way.

I experimented a bit, and long story short my solution was to lower the roof a bit and the trees disappeared. 

I'm sure it won't work for all the lots listed in this thread, but if you've checked the lot beforehand and it's fine, it's worth experimenting with the height of the building because it seems to cause the camera to zoom in/out and include trees/make them disappear.

Message 20 of 38 (1,153 Views)