Re: [OPEN] Gallery screenshot is blocked by trees/objects on several lots

by simskeleton

Original Post

50x50 Lots, save picture, obstructed by out of lot objects

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? N/A
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Freestuff and Basepack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save any of the 50x50 lots on Oasis Springs and Willow Creek
What happens when the bug occurs? An object blocks my save lot picture
What do you expect to see? An unobscured view of my lot I am trying to save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Please fix this bug, it is incredibly frustrating for my followers to not be able to view my saved lots without an object blocking their view

Message 21 of 38 (1,140 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I believe we have all had this issue, and this needs to be fixed ASAP. The best fix for this would be allowing us the option to be able to upload custom screenshots of our builds/lots. Please implement this change, EA. 

Message 22 of 38 (1,091 Views)

Betreff: [FEEDBACK] Object blocking view on picture when saving lot to gallery

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same/ a similar issue with the new pack "snowy escape". With the 50x50 lot in the residents neighborhood (originally called 2-5-1 Wakabamori). Whenever i try to upload the lot to the gallery, the picture is either blocked by the trees in the front or the camera is actually half sunken into the ground. I tried to manipulate the build to force the camera to a different angle, but whatever i do, the view is always blocked.
I know this is a design issue and not a technical one, but is there any way of making the Sims Team aware of this oversight?

It also does this with original build there (3rd picture)

Message 23 of 38 (1,056 Views)

Betreff: [FEEDBACK] Object blocking view on picture when saving lot to gallery

★★ Novice

Me too... Exactly the same isuue 

Message 24 of 38 (1,016 Views)

Re: Increasing Number of Lots Completely Blocked By Trees & Etc. Objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My first reported bug on this thread was in March 2020.

As of late July 2021, still having this issue intermittently, as demonstrated below in San Myshuno.

LOT LOCATION: Old Salt House lot, San Myshuno
SEASON: Summer

BUILD INFO: 3 stories tall

WORKAROUNDS TRIED (none worked):
Tried advancing seasons: didn't help just had less leaves on it.
Adjusting building heights changed the angle of the tree slightly, but did not solve the issue. Still completely blocked.

Screenshot.png

Message 25 of 38 (873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

People are still continually having this issue. I tried to figure out a work around to avoid this and I made a Gallery thumbnail guide to help you all:

Message 26 of 38 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

Hope this isn't "necro posting", but I wanted to comment that the issue is still alive and blocking views as of April 2022. I'm building in Caldera Camp in Island Living. I guess it's lucky that the far from the house rock is only blocking the left-hand side of the building and switching to evening view lets it show as a rock rather than a black blob. The simplest way to solve that would be to give us "poses" for the house as is done for the Sims in CAS.  Too many different views and screenshots could be confusing, but ones closer to the house or farther, left view, right view should be doable? ( I know I could raise the land to "lower" the view of the rock, but that would make the download different too.)

Thanks

Message 27 of 38 (715 Views)

Hero
@nataliecv In the bug forum it's only considered necro posting if you post in a thread that's tagged as fixed or if the thread is older than 2017 (before the bug template was introduced)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 38 (697 Views)

Champion

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Xbox Series S

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally

What is your current game version number? 1.71.6.2300

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Courtyard Oasis, Island Living, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Snowy Escape, Vintage Glamour, Nifty Knitting, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Bowling Night, Cats and Dogs, My First Pet, Outdoor Retreat, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit, Toddler, Dream Home Decorator, Fitness, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, Movie Hangout, Discover University, Gnome on the Go, Perfect Patio, Spa Day, Kids Room, Industrial Loft, Parenthood, Backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, Animal Hats, Tiny Living, City Living, Get Famous, Life of the Party, Get to Work, Up all Night, Cottage Living, Get Together, Seasons, Cool Kitchen, Grims Guitar, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Paranormal, Eco Living, Decor to the Max, Carnaval Streetwear, Moonlight Chic, Wedding Stories, Desert Luxe, Pastel Pop, Everyday Clutter, Little Campers

How can we find the bug ourselves? 

In the Gallery check the images for my lots Brindleton Bay Kennels and Villa del Paradiso. The first is placed on the Hounds Head lot and the latter is on the beach villa lot in Tartosa.

What happens when the bug occurs?

The main image is obscured by something.

What do you expect to see? 

A full view image of the front of the property.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? on console never used

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure

I've only recently started saving my builds to the gallery and these 2 properties are the only 2 affected so far. I attach images of the obstructed views.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 29 of 38 (450 Views)

Champion

I've had another one today and this image doesn't look like the lot or anything on the lot. It just looks like a close up of a piece of wood. I tried all ways to do something about it, it's supposed to show a large bungalow and I attach a shot of that along with the image I actually got. I'm so disappointed I decided not to add it to the gallery as it looks so bad, just a dark square. It's probably my favourite lot so I really wanted to add it to the gallery. Even rotating the lot didn't help 😔. The first image is the bugged one and the second is of the lot view which I took myself. 

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 30 of 38 (376 Views)