Re: gallery freezes game

by MadameNordica

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 online gallery freezing

★ Apprentice

Ok now it works until I click the show custom content, then it's back to freezing again.

Message 10 of 57 (786 Views)

Hero
@LukeSDarko Is it only that option that makes it freeze or all ?

Could you try deleting cache files and repairing game again after doing the avatar thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 57 (773 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica Could you try changing your Origin avatar ? There have been issues with gallery freezing and the Origin avatar on mac, and that seems to be now spreading to PC.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 57 (762 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, no, first of all thanks for all your help, and no it didn't do anything, it's back to freezing immediately when I click on the gallery. It seems like it'll be ok for like a minute after I delete the cache etc, then it'll go back to freezing it seems like after I click show custom content any time after that instant freeze.

Message 14 of 57 (753 Views)

Hero
@LukeSDarko I'm merging your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 57 (737 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I'm not talking about the web version of the gallery, I'm talking about the in game version - are you asking me to change my GAME avatar or my avatar here because they are different.
Message 16 of 57 (707 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Ok, I just changed it and we'll see - however, I want to say that I have friends who play with avatars from the site, not their pix, and they have the same issue, so I don't think this is the problem. I'm trying it now.
Message 17 of 57 (703 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica No, I mean the Origin avatar, so neither the forum nor the one here but the one you have on Origin. It's really just a wild guess cause for Mac users it was a known issue but mostly with folks that didn't have an avatar.

Also, if you have friends that have the same issue, make sure they also post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 57 (700 Views)

★★★ Guide

So far so good, but it's only been a few minutes - Let me go about my business and if things remain fine over the course of the week, I'll accept the solution.

Message 19 of 57 (696 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica Don't worry about a solution just yet. It's still a bug they need addressing but it's helpful if it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 57 (694 Views)