by LukeSDarko

Original Post

[NEEDS VIDEO] Gallery freezes game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except I have Bust the Dust disabled - I can't stand the pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? while in game click on the gallery tile. click on anyone's build - room, sim, whatever. try to fave it from there game freezes resulting in having to close w/o saving if you're in cas - total bummer if you're making over a larger family and have to start from scratch!
What happens when the bug occurs? the game screen freezes completely - you cannot do anything b/c the 'fave' process gives you the spinning wheel of death that just sits and spins and pukes all over your save.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to fave other ppl's work without ruining my game. UPDATE: today 3,24.22 I've begun to experience my game freezing when downloading from the gallery. Good stuff. Any updates on this issue? I know ya'all have been working on it 'cause the gallery has been down a few times lately, thank you for that!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except I have Bust the Dust disabled - I can't stand the pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? while in game click on the gallery tile. click on anyone's build - room, sim, whatever. try to fave it from there game freezes resulting in having to close w/o saving if you're in cas - total bummer if you're making over a larger family and have to start from scratch!
What happens when the bug occurs? the game screen freezes completely - you cannot do anything b/c the 'fave' process gives you the spinning wheel of death that just sits and spins and pukes all over your save.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to fave other ppl's work without ruining my game. UPDATE: today 3,24.22 I've begun to experience my game freezing when downloading from the gallery. Good stuff. Any updates on this issue? I know ya'all have been working on it 'cause the gallery has been down a few times lately, thank you for that!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

TO BE CLEAR; I have had this problem while using mods AND not using mods since around Snowy Escape, so mods don't seem to make a difference. It appears to be a gallery issue and a LOT of simmers I've talked to have experienced the same thing. I've seen some simmers who refuse to participate in the gallery b/c of this issue. Nobody wants to spend all their simming time rebooting the game over and over.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 12 of 57 (3,509 Views)

Sims 4 online gallery freezing

★ Apprentice

Ok I already did everything, removed the mods, renamed the sims 4 fold to something else so the game created a new one, deleted the thumbs whatever, fixed the game and it's STILL freezing at the online gallery. What could be the cause?

Message 1 of 57 (3,695 Views)

Re: Sims 4 online gallery freezing

Hero
@LukeSDarko Are you playing on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (3,648 Views)

★ Apprentice

Playing on PC, windows 10 version 21H1

Message 3 of 57 (3,631 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Anyone care to help?

Message 4 of 57 (3,600 Views)

Hero
@LukeSDarko Sorry, wasn't well last week so I missed your response.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 57 (3,592 Views)

★ Apprentice

No idea what this is, but here you go.

Message 6 of 57 (3,575 Views)

Hero
@LukeSDarko Thanks. That looks fine.

Can you describe exactly what happens ? Do you load the gallery and then the game freezes up to the point where you have to shoot down the game or are you getting any messages ?

Can you try if it works if you try a fresh windows user and try on there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 57 (3,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah nope same thing happening. I'm pretty computer literate and I have no idea what's going on.

Message 8 of 57 (3,525 Views)

@LukeSDarko 

You don't currently have an avatar set in your Origin ID. Can you please set one and see if that helps. This has been an ongoing issue for some Mac users and I wonder if the same fix will help for you. This is how it currently shows:

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 10.37.05.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 57 (3,514 Views)