by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Wrong cell door animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interrogate a suspect in the detective career.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a successful interrogation, the detective brings the criminal back to the cell and performs the open-door animation in front of the wrong door (to the left of the correct cell). This also happens sometimes (not always) when the officer brings back one of the "normal" prisoners after taking a fingerprint etc.
What do you expect to see? The correct door animation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was supposed to be fixed but it isn't.

Message 1 of 5 (1,116 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Wrong cell door animation

Hero
I've re-added this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,047 Views)

locking criminal

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All free stuff, Get Together and Go to work!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Successfully complete interrrogating the correct suspect of a crime. If your Sim is locking him, it should appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your Sim goes away from the suspect then grabs the air and moves his hand to the left. The door from the cell magically opens
What do you expect to see? Your Sim should be in front of the cell's door, not a few meters away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new patch or the whole change of the design of The Sims 4.

The bug is not necessary to fix but it is always confusing...

Message 3 of 5 (915 Views)

Re: locking criminal

★★★★ Expert
@RexXusLP This is not a recent problem. It has existed since GTW was released.

I never reported it because it's an extremely minor bug since it doesn't effect the actual closing of the case. And there are a MULTITUDE of other bugs in the detective career that make the career almost unplayable. I reported them years ago but nothing was ever done so I just gave up.
Message 4 of 5 (901 Views)

Re: locking criminal

Hero
@RexXusLP Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (864 Views)