[OPEN] [GTW] Unable to decorate baked goods

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Unable to decorate baked goods

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Jan_831 Yes, I placed it on different surfaces to try it.
Message 31 of 36 (713 Views)

★ Guide
@TheBl4ckSh33p Unfortunately, this seems to be an unresolved problem for some of us. I still can not get it to work in my game either. I'm sorry.
Message 32 of 36 (693 Views)

★★ Novice

there seems to be only *one* specific point on the counter's surface where it will work consistently (at least for me). it has to be on a counter (not an island, table, or floor), and at this position as shown in the pic. it won't work any other way.

Message 33 of 36 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm getting this problem too! also, I make 2 hamburger cakes and they disappeared and then all of a sudden they ended up on a shelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T YOU GUYS MAKE A GAME WITHOUT GLITCHES AND BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT YOU KNEW BETTER!

Message 34 of 36 (620 Views)

Have to adjust placement of baked goods in order to decorate them.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, every game pack except Batuu, every stuff pack except First Pet and Toddler. I have the industrial loft, bust the dust and country kitchen kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake goods and try to decorate them on a counter
What happens when the bug occurs? I bake something, sim puts it down but I can’t decorate it without having to manually adjust its position on the counter.
What do you expect to see? Decorated baked goods without having to adjust the dish’s placementon the counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cannot decorate baked goods unless I adjust where they are sitting on the counter, my sim just does the routing error wave. I have to move the dish closer than where the sim places the finished baked item to decorate it. It’s annoying. 

Message 35 of 36 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • I actually figured it out! 
  • you have to set the cookies or pastries in the direct middle of the counter or it won’t let you decorate. 
Message 36 of 36 (320 Views)