[OPEN] [GTW] Unable to decorate baked goods

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: Unable to decorate baked goods

Hero

Tested this on my vanilla and same problem occurred.

If I move it back a little on the counter she puts it, it works.

It's certainly not deal or game breaking but I'm going to leave it on the list for now. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 36 (1,925 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this issue since the beginning, and I still have it after Dine Out and the latest patch. I was hoping since counter space seems to be used a bit more efficiently now, small bugs like this one might have been fixed, but unfortunately I still have to manually drag my baked goods somewhere else to have them decorated :[

Message 12 of 36 (1,899 Views)

Hero

Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 36 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too:-

sims seem to prefer to place food on islands rather than counters - only once they are there they refuse to decorate the food because the path is blocked. This happens if the island has a stool next to it. This means that if you have only 1 island with a stool the sim will always place the food there then refuse to decorate it. This means you endlessly have to move the food to a counter to allow the sim to decorate it. Rather than this it would better if the sims either placed food on counters or after being asked to decorate the food, moved the food to the counter themselves, then decorate.

Message 14 of 36 (1,849 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Confirmed that this issue persists after the October 27th, 2016 update.

By default the Sim will put the baked goods somewhere where they cannot be decorated. You have to manually move the baked goods to the edge of a counter, but unless you know the exact position it needs to be in, it takes a few tries to get it in the right spot to be able to decorate.

It is a very annoying issue. A fix for this and for 'no ideal mood for baking' would be greatly appreciated!

Message 15 of 36 (1,802 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unable to decorate baked goods

★★★★★ Apprentice

As of the latest patch and pack, this is still an issue.

It is sometimes very difficult to find a location to allow your sim to actually decorate baked goods. It would be fantastic if this bug were to be fixed, along with the other baking bugs. I love this skill but there are so many problems with it currently.

Message 16 of 36 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

e a few days ago and ive looked up everything people have tried doing, and so far nothing has worked. Disappointed

Message 17 of 36 (1,761 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ? Usually it works if you move it it around a bit. Also make sure there's no other deco stuff on the counter

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 36 (1,759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A corner counter generally works well to be able to decorate it, bringing it right to the corner of that, but it is still a pain to find a good spot.

I'm hoping this bug gets fixed and it isn't such a pain, because I do love baking and baked goods, but with the bugs surrounding baking, it is not very fun to level and use Frown

Message 19 of 36 (1,745 Views)

Just adding to this because it annoys me a little too, the problem isn't so much the decorating as the placement of baked goods. Sims will generally put freshly prepared dishes on the next free counter they can find, in what would be the ideal position to decorate the objects. When baking things however, sims will always look for a table to put the finished dish down, where it cannot be decorated. I can understand why the positioning restriction is on the dishes (it keeps the animation from looking odd), but why baked goods and only baked goods are tuned to be treated differently than the rest, is the part I don't quite understand.

Message 20 of 36 (1,732 Views)