Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Unable to decorate baked goods

by Saturn-Sublime

Original Post

Re: Unable to decorate baked goods

★ Novice

It works when you put the baked good towards the end of the counter/towards the sim.

Message 21 of 36 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

My garnish is greyed out and if I hover over it, it says the cake is so good it doesn't need a garnish. I'm going to pull out any mod I might have affecting it, and I'll post again if one of them is responsible. Totally ruined my toddler's b-day, poor baby.

Message 22 of 36 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sims can get the food to make a plate and eat it. The food can be poor quality, but when I go to decorate it they say they can't reach it. I don't have any mods in the game. I have used regular cheats in the past. I try moving the food to various places, countertops, picknic tables, ect. They just say they can't reach it.

Message 23 of 36 (1,243 Views)

Hero

Did you move it to the edge of the counter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 36 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yep, got the same issue, ragardless of where I move the goods, edge of any type of counter or table, etc. Center of any counter table etc. repairing game game, reinstalling game, yeah none of that stuff works for me. I'll tell ya what will though. The devs need to find and fix the pathing issues with this and put out a patch, plane and simple. No try this, and try thats, no reinstalls or repairs, just have em fix their game, so we can all move on. Standard smile

Message 25 of 36 (1,176 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
Still a thing 3 years later. No mods, no cc, moving the item doesn't help no matter the surface.
Message 26 of 36 (1,083 Views)

Hero
I need to try this but I've always found a space on the counter where it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 36 (1,068 Views)

Hero

So I tried this again in my game and had no issues on the counter (didn't work on a table)

Decorate.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 36 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jan_831Same on Xbox without mods. I tried putting the item on dining table, counter, small table etc but I always get a bubble over my sim with seems to say he can't reach it. (footsteps with red x)

Version 1.42

Edit: didn't see how old the topic was. 🙄

Message 29 of 36 (644 Views)

★ Guide
@TheBl4ckSh33p Did you try decorating on the counter instead of the table?
Message 30 of 36 (629 Views)