by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Unable to decorate baked goods

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake something and put it on a counter. Then try to decorate.
What happens when the bug occurs? Routing failure and goods don't get decorated
What do you expect to see? Decorated goods
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can no longer decorate baked goods either from the cupcake factory or oven.  When asked to do so my Sim flails her hands as if something is blocking her way when nothing is in the way.  I think this is probably since the last patch as I was able to decorate them before.

I have searched to see if this has been reported here and I could not find anything about this, but it is mentioned in the forum.

EDIT (crin) Filled out form

Message 1 of 36 (14,313 Views)

Re: Unable to decorate baked goods

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (14,171 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

No I do not use mods in the game.

Message 3 of 36 (14,162 Views)

Hero

Could you try a new save game for testing reasons to see if the error persists.

Make sure to close down the game completely, then start a new game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (14,156 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, I will try that and get back to you.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 36 (14,148 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I went in and started a completely new game with a totally different Sim.  Once I got her baking skill up to level 2 decorate was an option.  The only thing she could decorate was the Oatmeal Cookies.  Everything else I baked including sugar cookies, and peanut butter cookies could not be decorated and this Sim did the same thing as my other Sim.  She flailed her arms as if something was in the way.  I even tried to move the cookies to a different location and that didn't work.  I tried to decorate everything she was able to bake at level 2 including donuts, cereal bars, doughnut holes, bread, fruit tarts, peanut butter cookies and cupcakes.  Up until recently I was able to decorate all of those and more.  Out of curiosity I went into my saved game that I have been playing and had my Sim bake Oatmeal Cookies, she was unable to decorate them.

Also I have had the glitch with not being able to use the fridge and stove without repairing my game first.  Tonight I just went in without repairing and I did not have the problem.  My origin updated tonight so I do not know if the problem was maybe fixed or I just got lucky.  Since I've been having the problem all the time I normally just repair the game before playing.  Using the fridge was not a problem with either game the new one or the saved one.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 36 (14,140 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am unable to replicate this in my game.  Can you please post a picture of what is going on in your game?

Message 7 of 36 (13,920 Views)

Hero

I actually had this issue before the patch myself for the cupcake stuff.

I'll test again tomorrow after patch and with no mods..

I baked something on the cupcake machine and then tried to decorate (home lot). 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (13,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I was getting this but I had to move the cookies toward the edge of the counter and it worked.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Message 9 of 36 (13,904 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

So it's extra insensitive. All the other interactions seem possible from where my Sim put it (once on a half-wall, once on a counter.

Bit unsure what to do with this as I think you shouldn't have to move your goods just to decorate them when you don't get routing failures for other interactions.

I'll do some more testing. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 36 (13,894 Views)