by beadierturtle

Original Post

[XB1] [GTW] Detective: Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go to work Vampire Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work as a detective and play for a little bit and learn the ranks and then arrest the suspects and go back, he/she won't be there
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant interrogate suspect
What do you expect to see? To interrogate the suspect and solve the case
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm unsure I've had the original xbox, then moved to the newest xbox and moved my harddrive over installed vampires first and waited a couple years then downloade free stuff and then go to work .

Dont have any

Message 21 of 49 (1,662 Views)

Re: [XB1] [GTW] Detective: Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

Hero
PC/Mac Thread for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GTW-Suspects-won-t-appear-at-the-station-after/t...

here's instructions how to find your game version: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
Scroll down for console

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 49 (1,622 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

★★ Novice

I can confirm this method works.  In my experience, you have no other choice but to wait for the next work day where the suspect will be at the station.

Message 23 of 49 (1,715 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

★★★ Apprentice

When this  happens to me, I just have the sim issue an APB again, the same Sim is there so I just arrest them, and then they appear in the cell. Definitely annoying but able to be worked around.

Message 24 of 49 (1,659 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has happened to me several times. If anyone is still seeing this issue, there are a couple of things you can do that have worked for me. One is yes, issue another APB and arrest the suspect all over again. Another is wait for the next work day and complete other tasks like workout for an hour, or search the suspects that are there. The third I have found to be the least time consuming, and that is to go on patrol for even like 5 minutes, and when you come back the suspect should be there to interrogate. If you have enough time left in the day you should be able to complete that task.

Message 25 of 49 (1,610 Views)

Suspects don’t return to the police station

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim employed as a police officer initiate an APB and attempt to arrest the guilty Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the arrest and the detective Sim travels back to the police station, the guilty sim does not return with the detective. This prevents the “Interrogate Suspect” goal from being completed.
What do you expect to see? The arrested Sim should be brought back to the police station in order to be interrogated, fingerprinted, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Is anyone else having this issue on another platform (non-Xbox)?

Message 26 of 49 (1,579 Views)

Re: Suspects don’t return to the police station

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well. It has happened on multiple occasions with different cases and different suspects. For now, I use the workaround of issuing another APB and arresting the suspect again. Usually, at the 2nd, sometimes 3rd APB issued, the suspect finally shows up at the police station.

Message 27 of 49 (1,445 Views)

Detective Career; Interrogation issues

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Lastest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu, knitting and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in the Detective career
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot interrogate suspect because the suspect didnt go to lot after being arrested
What do you expect to see? The suspect
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This isnt the first time this has happened. I managed to fix it but quitting and redoing the career. Unfortuantly it didnt work this time. I promoted my sim to level 6 again as thats were it left off. It gave me a new case but I cannot add clues to the board and "Interrogate Suspect" is still on the to do list. I have CC hair and MC command centre and haven't had issues with either before. This issue has happened with or without mods before. 

Message 28 of 49 (1,409 Views)

Re: Detective Career; Interrogation issues

Hero
@Amesfc21 If you use testingcheats and shift-click on the Sim, there should be an option to drop the case. Check if that helps

I merged your post with the exiting thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 49 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@thexpieddroit 2021. And I still have this problem.
Message 30 of 49 (1,285 Views)