Original Post

Re: [GTW] Detective Career - Suspect Not Appearing at Police Station

Hero
Hi @burin077

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 49 (3,580 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective Career - Suspect Not Appearing at Police Station

Champion

@burin077 wrote:

I've been seeing this issue occurring more frequently as of recent, and the only workaround I have found has been to quit the Detective Career and rejoin. (This costs a rank in the job, and sometimes the issue occurs again, causing yet another demotion to try and fix it.)

I do not know how to fix this issue, or find any workarounds beyond what I listed above. It's once again rendered the Detective Career virtually unplayable without cheating or using a mod to advance career.

- B

I haven't had this bug happen for me, all my arrested suspects appear in the cell at the station.

But if you do get stuck with an issue where you can't progress in the Detective career, you can try using testingcheats on and the Detective Day Debug cheat menu while at the police station. One of the options will regenerate a new bunch of clues in your inventory and replace the case with a brand new one with a new suspect, in case the old one was causing an issue.

That will at least stop you quitting and getting demoted.

Message 12 of 49 (3,549 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

★ Guide

My Detective is now at level 5 or possibly 6 I think he got a promotion right before i quit for the night, but his current suspect is a teen whom i’ve had him find and arrest with no issues but when i go back to the police station she is nowhere to be found so i can interrogate her and finish the case. Ive had 2-3 arrests and interrogations happen successfully but now this is happening. 

I tried 3 times to arrest her, even waited until after 3 pm to make sure the game wasn’t trying to send the teen back to the high school instead of the police station.

Message 13 of 49 (3,509 Views)

Hero
@MysticGlamazon Is your police men a normal Sim as well as the suspect ? Or an occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 49 (3,502 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict My sim is human as for the suspect I haven’t seen any signs showing that she is a vampire but i’m not sure if she is an alien or a mermaid or any other occulet in game. i don’t play with the occulets so i’m not really sure what signs i would need to look for for those particular occulets. 

Message 15 of 49 (3,497 Views)

Hero
@MysticGlamazon OK. Thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 49 (3,494 Views)

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

Champion

I don't know if that helps but when I had the problem, this is what I've noticed: The moment I return to the police station after the arrest, the "Interrogate suspect" task appears BUT is immediately colored yellow (like when it gets fulfilled) and then replaced by a new "Interrogate suspect" task.

(I'm doing the workaround where I generate new clues, although that feels like the real suspect framed an innocent person for their crimes.)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 49 (3,474 Views)

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EnkiSchmidtI have noticed that when my sim comes back to the station it will pop up saying interrogate suspect and then disappear like it was completed but then pop up again, but I found a work around for that particular case, I just didn’t follow my sim to work for a couple days (he had his wedding then they moved then he took a vacation day and then i sent him to work on his own while i followed his new wife) and when i did go back to work with him the suspect was in a cell and waiting for me to interrogate her.  He was also able to complete a new case and arrest and return to station with a new suspect successfully but that suspect was an adult.

Hes working on a new case now, with another teen suspect so i will see if he has this same problem again when going to make the arrest. 

Message 18 of 49 (3,465 Views)

Detective Career: Teenage Suspect not appearing in cell

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampire, My first pet stuff, Spooky stuff, grim's ghoulish guitar, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to arrest teenage suspect
What happens when the bug occurs? The suspect doesn't appear in the police station at all. Even if you redo the ABP and re-arrest them, they will not appear in the cell, there's no way to give up on the case to get a new one and therefore if this happens you *can not* get promoted or finish the case. It's a career game breaking glitch.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim in the jail cell to be interrogated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, parenthood, vampires, My first pet stuff, spooky stuff, holiday celebration pack, grim’s ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to arrest a suspect in the detective career, teenager suspect specifically potentially.
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempt to arrest a suspect, only to return to the precinct and have no suspect, I can’t move on past the case, which means I can’t get promoted now. I tried 3 times to arrest the sim, and every time they don’t appear. Nothing I do fixes this.
What do you expect to see? The teenage suspect is use their cell.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 19 of 49 (3,464 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

★★ Apprentice

Just going to bump this thread because this just happened to me again and its super annoying. I have a vampire sim that I'm trying to push through all of the careers, so I like to get promoted as fast as possible, and this case is hanging up my ability to get promoted. In my case, the suspect was a young adult, so the arresting a teenager thing isn't what's causing the bug. I also found the other thread where the suspect is already a police officer, and that's not the case, either. I tried reissuing the APB and I arrested the guy three times but it never brought him back with me.

Message 20 of 49 (3,417 Views)