Re: [GTW] Detective - Suspects won't appear at the station after succesful arres

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Exp: All expansions. GP: [Parenthood] and [Dine Out]. Stuff: [Romantic Garden] and [Movie Hangout]. CC: [WW] and a few related animations mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a character get into the detective career 2. Have that caracter be promoted once 3. Do the assignments correctly until you can issue an APB 4. Once the APB is issued, arrest the suspect 4a. Notice the scene has no sims in it except the suspect. The "filler" sims all spawn at the same nearby location and then go towards their correct places 5. Notice the suspect has not followed the character at the station
What happens when the bug occurs? Any suspect arrested after filing an APB does not follow the character at the station. The character gets back alone and gets the job objectives prompt the player to interrogate the suspect but it's impossible since the suspect is nowhere to be found (not even in the cells).
What do you expect to see? The suspect should follow the player after being arrested and appear at the station, able to be interrogated. Additionally, the filler sims should spawn directly at their correct locations on a crime/arrest scene, instead of spawning at the scene's entrance and then going to their destination.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My first arrest worked correctly, on version 1.49.65.1020 (same content setup). I don't know if it's related to the recent 1.50.67.1020 update but this is the only thing that changed, along with my character's promotion.

Things i have tried:

- Turning off my mods
- Repairing the game
- Redo the case from the beginning (before getting assigned to it)
- File another APB after the bugged one

I hope this helps and you'll be able to find the issue!
Have a fantastic day and much joy and wisdom on your face o/

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 49 (29,034 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective - Suspects won't appear at the station after succesful arres

[ Edited ]
Hero

First part of your description sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-No-sims-at-detective-APB-locations-except-for-the/...

Keeping this separate though for second part as it's the main part of your report

Als tagging @simvasion to ask if their issue only applies to the first part

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (28,956 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 49 (28,910 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Suspects won't appear at the station after arrest

★★ Apprentice

I know I had a detective fail to bring his suspect back with him sometimes (other times it worked).

I also found that when this occurred, the rest of your shift was pretty much a bust (you can’t do the “Interrogate Suspect”)

BUT I found that when they returned to work/the station the following shift/day the suspect WAS in the cell.  My Sim could then proceed with the interrogation.

Hope that might help?

Message 4 of 49 (28,823 Views)

Arrested suspect doesn't show up for Interrogation

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Pet Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join your Sim a work in the police career in Get to Work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Arrested suspect doesn't show up at the Police Station for interrogation.
What do you expect to see? Arrested Suspects should show up at the Police Station for interrogation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I arrested a suspect (it is the suspect, I have checked multiple times) they don't show up for interrogation. I have tried resetting both my Sim and the suspect and it doesn't help. 

Message 5 of 49 (28,776 Views)

Re: Arrested suspect doesn't show up for Interrogation

Hero

Hi @choran929 

merged your post with existing thread.

Does it happen on every case or just this once ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 49 (28,752 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had the arrested sim turn up in the right hand cell on the first arrest; I've had them not turn up until the next shift; and I've been able to redo the APB, arrest them a second time and have them turn up in the cell after a failure of the 1st arrest attempt.  The arrest system seems a bit random, but redoing the APB and arrest a second time during the same shift may be worth trying.

Fully patched, no mods, some CAS cc

EP - not Get Famous

GP- not Strangerville

SP - Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Spooky and Cool Kitchen installed

Message 7 of 49 (28,738 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
hi @crinrict,

It is just this case.
Message 8 of 49 (28,725 Views)

Hero

@choran929 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 49 (28,708 Views)

[GTW] Detective Career - Suspect Not Appearing at Police Station

★★★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Toddler Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in the Detective Career, issue an APB (All Points Bulletin) and arrest the suspect. Let the game return to the Police Station.
What happens when the bug occurs? On occasion, the suspect will never show up, even over numerous workdays. If you attempt to issue another APB, you are only told to Return to Police Station.
What do you expect to see? When returning to the Police Station, the suspect to be on the Police Station lot as well as your Sim who had arrested them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been seeing this issue occurring more frequently as of recent, and the only workaround I have found has been to quit the Detective Career and rejoin. (This costs a rank in the job, and sometimes the issue occurs again, causing yet another demotion to try and fix it.)

I do not know how to fix this issue, or find any workarounds beyond what I listed above. It's once again rendered the Detective Career virtually unplayable without cheating or using a mod to advance career.

- B

Message 10 of 49 (28,700 Views)