Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits for the scientist caree

by manzana0807

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits career

★★★ Newbie

Please fix. my sim is not a cross dresser.

Message 41 of 78 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree. I did buy StrangerVille, but that's not a fair solution. This should simply be fixed, period. How hard can it be?

Message 42 of 78 (2,012 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I just want to mention that the team is working on this issue.

Also, some questions for @EmmaVane : 

• Are you using mods/custom content?  If so, are you able to see the issue when the mods/cc folder is cleared?
  • What packs do you have installed?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 78 (1,985 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Sims are wearing wrong outfits for the scientist caree

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EmmaVane:  For your Covert Operatives that aren't wearing the correct uniforms, do you perhaps have any mods that unlock CAS parts?

The reason I ask, is because from past experience I know that CAS part unlock mods that aren't kept updated will cause this exact problem in your photo.

When new packs are released with new NPC uniforms, tags are often added to existing outfits. So, any CAS part unlock mods that aren't updated with the correct tags will break and result in NPCs wearing some very odd things instead of their proper uniforms.

The mod author Fogity is the only creator I know off the top of my head that publishes CAS part unlocks, but there may be others who do.

So, the problem in your photo is something entirely different than the broken Scientist uniforms for players that don't have Strangerville.

Message 44 of 78 (1,924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't use that type of mod because it marks Maxis clothes as CC. Instead I have a saved sim that is maxed out in all careers and adding her to a household in CAS unlocks them for use. Then I delete her.

Message 45 of 78 (1,905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EmmaVane : That's an unusual way of unlocking Career outfits. Could doing that and/or deleting her afterwards (I assume she's saved in your Gallery for you to add to Households long enough to serve her purpose, right?) be what's breaking things? Wondering

(Your pic of your Covert Officers on the previous page made me chuckle, by the way. Large smile )

Message 46 of 78 (1,886 Views)

★★ Pro

@StarryMight: I can't remember if you split a household (even if you don't delete the Sim afterward), if the career outfit unlocks remain or not once the Sim who unlocked them is removed. Since I don't unlock any CAS parts that way, I tend not to pay much attention. It's a good question though, and a strong possibility for what's happening!

@EmmaVane: Aside from the possibility that @StarryMight brought up, have you ever ran the Disable for Random batch fix on your CAS custom content with Sims 4 Studio? It's possible you've got a bad piece of custom content causing your problem, since you said you don't use any CAS part unlock mods.

I know creators are usually good about not checking the Allow for Random box, but that's really not enough to stop custom content from showing up on Townies like in your photo. There are still uniform and situation outfit generator tags left behind most of the time, unless the creator removed them already. Most don't know to do this, from my experience.

So, my advice would be to test this on a new save with the mods folder removed, and if the problem disappears as it should, then you'll to need find the custom content causing the problem. The Disallow for Random batch fix is a good thing to get in the habit of doing anyway if you're using any CAS custom content.

I know I tested this last night on my modded setup and a new vanilla save and couldn't replicate the broken Covert Operative outfits.

Message 47 of 78 (1,868 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, yes, I am having this issue too.  My game has no mods or CC.

Message 48 of 78 (1,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@StarryMight While I do use that method when creating sims to share, new sims to play with or the occasional club leader for specific clothes items, this situation happened in my premade game so I only added Hot/Cold weather outfits. This is in George Cahill's bunker though, and his Hot/Cold outfits were already set up so I didn't need to edit him at all. All other townies were edited before the patch and pack dropped.

@manzana0807I checked the tags on the two female full body outfits the Men-Not-In-Black are wearing and here's what they showed:

While both are tagged for random (I only "no random" weirdly specific outfits/accessories/genetics etc) NEITHER are tagged for male or masculine and only the raincoat is tagged for Situation - likely because rain situation outfits are a thing. The only Batch Fix that changed files since installing SV was a C&D CAS related one.

None of these tags seem like they would cause this situation.

RealMcCoyDressConversion.png

F - Seasons Raincoat Patterned.png

Message 49 of 78 (1,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo 

I have both mods and CC in for that save. It's fine in fresh vanilla games with new sims.

I think it might be because I have override files for a lot of formal wear to enable more choice of random wedding clothes at weddings (adding Uniform: Uniform Part Bride/Groom tags). If that suit is one of them, then I likely need to update it with Covert Operative Uniform tags so they know what to wear. Going to check now.

Message 50 of 78 (1,760 Views)