[OPEN] [GTW] Sim who likes baking but hates cooking still gets tense when baking

by SnarkyWitch

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Sim who likes baking but hates cooking still gets tense when baking

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim who likes baking but dislikes cooking then have them try to bake something
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim who likes to bake but hates cooking bakes anything, she still gets the tense "I Hate Cooking!" buff when she tries to bake anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sim to get a positive buff while baking and a negative buff while cooking if her likes and dislikes are set as such
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch that added likes and dislikes to the game

Basically what I've submitted above. Sim who likes baking but dislikes cooking gets tense while baking even though she shouldn't be.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,492 Views)

Re: [GTW] Sim who likes baking but hates cooking still gets tense when baking

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SnarkyWitch: Was Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul one of your mods? I saw the following on MCCC's Discord earlier tonight:

"While not broken, SrslySims has noticed that some of the recipes will not match what her mod suggests they are in terms of the likes and dislikes system, so all items that she's moved from 'Cook' to 'Baking', and 'Baking' to 'Cooking' will need to be corrected to the new likes/dislikes."

~ Robin the Green

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if that matches what you're seeing, but it probably doesn't hurt to rule that out, anyway.

Message 2 of 11 (2,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SnarkyWitchIts because the cooking skill also increases at the same time as the baking skill. I would think it would be the same effect for someone that hated baking but love cooking.

Message 3 of 11 (2,272 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sid1701d9 

In an unmodded game cooking does not increase while baking. Maybe you confuse it with the birthday cakes you can select under COOK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (2,224 Views)

Champion

@SnarkyWitch I tested this in my game as well.  With no mods installed, I added likes baking / dislikes cooking.  My sim got the "I hate cooking!" tense moodlet from baking sugar cookies.  So I added my "me too".

I also noticed that my sim gained baking skill only while baking; no cooking skill gained.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 11 (2,190 Views)

★ Guide
@StarryMight No, I always remove all of my mods before game updates. SrslySims is a friend of mine and I was talking to her about this when the issue occurred, actually. She confirmed it's not from her mod.
Message 6 of 11 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SnarkyWitch: Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (2,103 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sim who likes baking but hates cooking still gets tense when ba

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep I have the exact same problem. Which as someone who hates cooking in real life but loves baking, I wish my sim could reflect that without glitches too...

Message 8 of 11 (1,978 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sim who likes baking but hates cooking still gets tense when ba

★★ Guide
@SnarkyWitch Same - PS4
Message 9 of 11 (1,950 Views)

Sim gets tense while baking even though they like baking

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Making a Sim who dislikes cooking and likes baking
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets tense while baking
What do you expect to see? Sim enjoys baking, because they like baking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made a Sim who dislikes cooking and likes baking because I thought it would be interesting. Every time she bakes she gets stressed out because she thinks she’s cooking, even though it’s baking. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,550 Views)