[BUG/REPORT] Respectful introduction and the greeting patients task

by ProfBanana123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] [SE] Doctor: 'Greet Co-Worker' not fulfilling (Respectful)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the Doctor Career and try to fulfill the Greet Co-Worker task.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the Doctor Career you get a Task "Greet Co-Workers". Using the new Formal (bowing) Greeting from the Snowy Escape expansion does not count towards completion of this task.
What do you expect to see? I would expect any greeting to work for completion of this task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happened on a completely new save with all Mods/Cached Data removed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (9,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [SE] Doctor: 'Greet Co-Worker' not fulfilling (Respectful)

Hero

A respectful introduction will now fulfill the Greet Co-workers/Patients task as a part of the Doctor Career.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,747 Views)

All Replies

[BUG/REPORT] Respectful introduction and the greeting patients task

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I just bought Snowy Escape, and created a Sim with the proper trait and chose to make him a nurse. But I have this problem, that I think is a bug. Every day I have this task to greet patients, but since I only have the respectful introduction from the proper trait, the game doesn't register that as greeting new patients. It's kinda sad because I have to change my sim via the retrait potion (using cas.fulledit registers as if i still had the old traits, idk it's weird (also a bug ?)). Is there another way around that ? Have some of you experienced this ?

Thanks in advance, EntityBlues

Message 2 of 20 (9,296 Views)

Re: [BUG/REPORT] Respectful introduction and the greeting patients task

★ Guide

Same problem with one of my "proper" Sim doctors. You could only do a respectful greet and that did not give credit.

Message 3 of 20 (9,257 Views)

Hospital and Politeness Trait

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except luxury items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work at the hospital level 1 with the politeness trait. The politeness greeting does not count when greeting patients.
What happens when the bug occurs? Work task bar does not increase
What do you expect to see? Respectful introduction allowing you to greet patients and increase the work task bar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim has the politeness trait and started working at the hospital. when I tried greeting the new patients with the respectful introduction it did not increase the work task bar or count towards greeting them. There weren't any any other options for greetings. 

Message 4 of 20 (9,215 Views)

Sims 4 Medical Issue

★★ Novice

Hi! My sims are in the medical career. When I use the respectful introduction it doesn't recognize that in the "Greet 3 Patients" task. So I can't successfully complete my workday. Is this a bug or something. How can I fix it? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Message 5 of 20 (8,725 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Medical Issue

Hero (Retired)

@jrump1313  I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 20 (8,714 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I just hit this snag too. Until this gets fixed is there a work around? I was really excited this sim to play a doctor, but idk if I can advance without completing these tasks. 

Message 7 of 20 (8,549 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here! It’s ridiculous that this is even an issue. I’m in the middle of gameplay right now and can’t advance past these tasks.

Message 8 of 20 (8,531 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@deejcake Actually its not greetings, but introductions you need to look for the respectful one only works on some of the newer pack tasks, as get to work is the first expansion pack its often the last to get patched up to current standards. The friendly greeting can be found in friendly socials, the emotional greetings can be found when your in the proper emotions.
Message 9 of 20 (8,512 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Right, but the problem we’re having is the only option we have in the new job setting is respectful introduction which replaces the basic greeting if your sim has the proper trait and there is no way to complete the task that way. To clarify further, when clicking on patients and coworker(whom my sim doesn’t know yet) the only options in the wheel are respectful introduction and more choices which just shows the group actions functions. Tbh I’m surprised this has been since november, but I guess not a lot of people have made their proper sims doctors. 

As for the workaround I got to thinking leveling charisma gives different greetings so I’m going to try that later. Also, going to university for a degree in that field should let you bypass that stage of the employment maybe. 

Message 10 of 20 (8,488 Views)