by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] [S] Sim switches to incorrect Skin when frozen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Freeze a sim using the freeze ray function of the SimRay from Get to Work. Then click on the frozen sim and select "Crack Open."
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim switches to an incorrect skin tone, making their skin darker.
What do you expect to see? The sim switches to a lighter, somewhat blue swatch, like they did in previous versions, to accurately reflect the fact that they were frozen and are still cold.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I recorded myself encountering this glitch. Due to the file size I uploaded it as a YouTube video. The link is below.

https://youtu.be/_2EHmXushR8 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (7,493 Views)

Re: [GTW] Sim switches to incorrect Skin tone after using Freezer Gun

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this exact problem right now! Eliza pancakes is currently a black woman I froze her a couple of days ago

Message 2 of 18 (7,299 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This bug actually occurs after ANY freeze, not just from Gun.

But in my case, the skintone was restored on its own after some time.

Message 3 of 18 (7,270 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @bryphat 

If the issue is still occurring and the skin tone for your sim was permanently changed, would you be willing to share these files:

- Affected save file
- Tray file, if you have saved how the Sim looked like before (this issue encountered) to your library.

to share the files please feel free to DM me with the link to the files and please follow these instruction for how to share a files:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 18 (7,144 Views)

A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay

★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor retreat, Luxury party stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay.
What do you expect to see? A Sim turns blue after SimRay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay.

Message 5 of 18 (7,095 Views)
Highlighted

Re: A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay

★★★★ Pro

This bug still occurs.

Message 6 of 18 (6,812 Views)

Re: A Sim turns black instead of blue after SimRay

★★★ Apprentice
I would like to up this post. The bug still occurs.
Message 7 of 18 (6,648 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [S] Sim switches to incorrect Skin when frozen

★★★★★ Guide

First time playing the scientist career and I see this is a known issue. My lighter skintone sim changed to a darker skintone and darker skintone to lighter skintone regardless if they thaw on their own or if they are cracked open. 

Message 8 of 18 (6,549 Views)

Sims' skin tone changes after being frozen

★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Dream Home Decorator, Country Kitchen, and Industrial Loft.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Freeze a Sims with the Sim Ray.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a frozen Sim thaws out they gain a new skin tone rather than turning blue.
What do you expect to see? Sims to either turn blue or retain their skin tone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

The affected Sims seem to go back to normal after a while. It seems like a random natural skin tone is being applied instead of the cold blue one.

Message 9 of 18 (6,449 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [S] Sim switches to incorrect Skin when frozen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and this happens to me too. When I freeze them again after cracking the ice from the first freezing they become pale white. 

I froze Nancy Landgraab I think yesterday or the day before and just now froze the Creature Keeper but I have no idea (or at least don't remember) Nancy becoming pale white after I froze her a second time after breaking her free but I'll try again and update if she became pale white (probably did since the Creature Keeper is pale white after the second freezing to fix the incorrect skin too). 

Also like someone said it does fix itself after some time since I saw Nancy at a restaurant later and she was her normal skin tone (also I wasn't paying attention to whether she became pale or not after the second freezing since I just now discovered the becoming pale thing after freezing the Creature Keeper a second time). 

Also I saw someone said it happens with any freezing but for me it only happens with the SimRay. Chillio (the spell from Realm of Magic) doesn't do this for me.

Message 10 of 18 (6,294 Views)