[OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

★★★★★ Novice

Oh thank you! That will work much better than having my scientists always work nights. 

Message 131 of 161 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@NerissaAdamaris

Yea, I'm doing it now myself. Have most of my mods either updated, confirmed good, or I'm sure they'll be fine.

Still have a few that might be abandoned, wrestling with whether I should put them in or not... Don't want to break my saves.

@discoduck227

Yeah, that's kinda why I made it. I don't mind working nights so much, but I like having another option available. Problem is, you can't have both. Either you have scientist graveyard shift and default 5am plant spawning, or 11am spawning and normal scientist shifts.

Either one works just fine.

(And they're all updated for the latest patch BTW)

Message 132 of 161 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nearly 4 years later and this issue hasn't been addressed at all...😅😥

Message 133 of 161 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@iParadoxJ it seems this problem came with the seasons, before the seasons everything was fine with my garden
Message 134 of 161 (853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I feel the same way. The last time I tried to play as a scientist, using workarounds for this issue just didn't feel authentic nor did it feel like I was accomplishing anything. I need to feel that sense of reward, but I need to earn it. To my knowledge I didn't have this particular bug on PS4, but I only played the career once there so there's not much of a comparison. I did actually have different bugs on PS4, but on the other hand I purchased it a second time to have a better overall gaming experience on a different device and I still got foiled haha. 

Message 135 of 161 (756 Views)

★ Guide
@KonekoFoxglove I've noticed the same thing. It's a little annoying tbh.
Message 136 of 161 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

GTW Scientist site. No growth on plants. No weeds, no flies, no nothing. Have to buy seed packets and hope for the best to complete most of the serums. RIP scientist career.

Message 137 of 161 (630 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has been a problem for me for years too - I remember the plants being harvestable way back when I first got the pack, but not in a long time since then.

Message 138 of 161 (461 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@KonekoFoxglove Like all gardens, you have to be on site just before 5am. This is doable as long as you have two Playable Sims who are Scientists. They can be in either the same or a different household.
Play the one you DON’T want to harvest the plants. Make sure the one you DO want is one of the staff on duty. They’ll usually be at the receptionist desk.
Have your active Sim leave work early.
When they get home, switch household or character to one you want. They will still be at Lab.
You can go into build mode and add a bed if you like. (I tweak mine a lot, adding unbreakable computers, refrigerators, more toilets etc.
Have the Sim hang around. They can experiment, use any of the facilities, go to sleep whatever. Then when 5am comes around they can harvest the plants.
The only drawback is that Sim can’t travel home. The best way to get them home is, if they’re in same household, switch to other member and bring them home. Or if different household, save the game, go to manage worlds, choose another household. Usually when you switch back to that household they are at home.
You can also try walking to road and travel that way.
As for watering plants, plant a new one and water it if none need watering. I usually extend the closed in area and add more pots. You can also buy any seeds in Build mode. Put them on ground then open them.
Message 139 of 161 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ozambersand No offense to you meant at all, but this is a very convoluted and unfun way to play, when instead EA should just fix the scientist career so that it works normally. If they can't figure out how to program the plants to spawn harvestables during a normal workday, without having to do some kind of weird workarounds with extra played sims I don't want, they should just remove the plants from the job assignments.
Message 140 of 161 (337 Views)