[OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

★★★★★ Novice
@laurareay89 I mean, its not a game breaking bug, you can still cut plant samples for the microscope. But I’ve known about it for a long time and they haven’t even touched it. Im still waiting on a Sims multiplayer with lootboxes, because thats the kind of thing you can expect from EA.
Message 91 of 161 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ha! Yeah probably. My husband got banned from fifa for sharing his fifa points with one of his friends. Seems you’re only allowed to break the rules if you’re EA! 

No it isn’t game breaking but I’ve just had to spend the last 3 hours of my work day in the science career unable to get anymore XP towards my promotion as the three things listed I couldn’t do (think it was get another sim to tend garden, speak to aliens using the satellite dish which I couldn’t make due to not spawning the right things and water a plant) being the only options I had 🙃 annoying! 

I tried to make the satellite dish before and it immediately caught on fire and didn’t spawn so I’ve been struggling to get the required things to make it again and I don’t want to have to cheat as I want to keep my trophies activated on the PS4 game save I’m using as it’s a challenge so I’m likely to complete some of them. Ah well. Think it’s more annoying as I’m having the crash issue, stair issue and sound issue that the latest update has created too 🤪

Message 92 of 161 (1,474 Views)

★ Guide

This happened to me in December 2020. My work around is this:

1. Take cuttings of a couple of plants in case the microscope task comes up.

2. Go into build/buy mode and delete a few existing plants if I'm out of planters.

3. Buy seed packs and plant new plants to water.

4. Use the plants from the seed packet to do my job without paying out of pocket.

The only problem is I haven't found a way to get rid of all the plants that my sim is carrying around without getting free money from them.

Message 93 of 161 (1,346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Finding myself in this situation as well with my sim in the scientist career. The plants could be harvested on the very first day, and since then plants haven't moved one bit. The only way around that was to plant new things to get the interaction to water them, but obviously this would work only one time.

I've been looking for a fix, and i found a mod that changed the working hours to trigger spawning of flowers,fruits, etc. Apparently, the game is set to have harvest spawned at 5am, and since no one is at the lot at that time, it just never happens. I had the same problem with a retail lot and couldn't understand why I couldn't grow plants in my bakery, and ending up having to pull all-nighters to get things to harvest. Can't do that with the sicentist career though as they kick you out. And the downside to this is that the mod's new working hours are from 12am to 9am, so very long days and nightshifts...

So I just thought I'd put it out there in case EA finally decides that after two years, it'd be nice to fix one of the rare active careers available... What need to be fixed is the spawning time to somewhere in the morning or afternoon, basically working hours, so the career can be completed.

Message 94 of 161 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

3 years later and this is still an issue. Disappointing.

Message 95 of 161 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Guide
@beholdtheamu Agreed. There are tasks relating to the garden that are unable to be done due to the garden never growing. Not to mention the inability to harvest anything. Makes scientist career really annoying.
Message 96 of 161 (1,217 Views)

★ Pro

Was playing my scientist today and when I exited the game had LE for plants. I've been plagued with this issue since the original report but this is the first time I recall having an LE for those plants. This isn't a new save so the plants didn't have harvestables on them but I encountered difficulty getting samples for the microscope after initial sample. Maybe that's what this pertains to? Looks like the same error repeated 5 times for bluebell plant and 4 times for snapdragons. The only time my sim interacted with those flowers was at the lab. She had only harvested carrots and mushrooms from the home garden.

Still hoping something can be done to address gardening issues. I am not a fan of having to be on a lot at 5 a.m. for anything to work.

I play on PC in English with all content released to date installed. I've never used mods or cc.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 97 of 161 (1,195 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How can this still not be fixed? 
The issue has been known for awhile (since there is a mod that changes the work  hours for the scientists career until a time you can harvest the plants). 
Honestly, I don't want to download that mod, but this issue has kept me from wanting to do a Not So Berry Challenge, since it means I have to keep a garden at home for crafting materials. 

Message 98 of 161 (1,050 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@thaqueenofchaos I guess not enough people are complaining to get EA devs attention. They’ve fixed more meaningless bugs than this one, but its still going on.
Message 99 of 161 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I suppose it’s a chicken and egg situation. Are people not playing the science career because it’s basically broken unless you buy the ingredients as ‘gifts’ or create your own garden at home or are people just not interested in the science career full stop so it’s seen as a pointless thing to fix as no one plays the career. 

Message 100 of 161 (1,024 Views)