[OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

★★★★★ Apprentice
From my observations, plants bloom between 4-5am if you're on the lot. The problem with this is the Scientist career doesn't start until 10am. Since the lot isn't loaded when the game chooses to have plants bloom, it doesn't happen.
Message 31 of 161 (3,040 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
So it's not just me then? I was playing one of my scientists like 2 weeks ago and took her to three work days and not once did a plant spawn for her to analyze
Message 32 of 161 (2,851 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Unfortunately the bug has been present for years and will likely never be fixed.

You can use cheat commands to get around some of the tasks. Turn on debug cheats, shift-click and select things like growth stage or moisture. Set moisture to dry and you'll then be able to assign someone to garden it.  Problem is, cheat commands will not cause fruit to grow, so NONE of the plants on the science lab lot will EVER grow fruit.  But I get around that by growing the plants on my home lot and just carry them to work if I need them for a potion.  At least the plants can still have samples taken.

Screwed up thing is, even though plants won't grow, they still die.  So, eventually, if you are at the lab long enough, you will have no more plants and be unable to grow more.

There aren't any mods to fix it either. So, I think we're all screwed.

Message 33 of 161 (2,842 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also can't tend the plants, like, at all. They grow, but don't produce flowers/fruit. 

Message 34 of 161 (2,762 Views)

Science Lab Broken

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except "Pets" related.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play science career. Attempt to harvest any of the plants on the science-lab lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most Science-related daily tasks on job are impossible to complete. Any task related to Gardening impossible to complete. Makes Science career completely unfeasible and unplayable.
What do you expect to see? Tasks able to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Any task that requires the plants on the Science lab lot impossible to complete. Plants grow up to "Blossom" state then stop. No flowers, fruits, or vegetables ever grow. Plants never dry out. Never need watering or tending in any manner.

Tasks such as:

Water Plants

Tend Garden

Order co-workers to garden

Syntesize xxxxxx serum

Synthesize xxxxxx tainted serum

Analyze flora

... and so on, all impossible to complete because none of the plants grow fruit/flowers. This makes it nearly impossible to get higher than silver on any given day.

Problem not just limited to Science Lab. Just more of a problem there because it's almost impossible to get over silver on daily tasks.

A few tasks can be accomplished by growing plants off-lot and bringing them to work but not all. This shouldn't be necessary.

Message 35 of 161 (2,741 Views)

Re: Science Lab Broken

Hero

Hi @Psychotps 

I merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 161 (2,725 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with the science lab but I think I might've found the reason why I can never water or harvest anything.

When I landed for work, I saw my sweet co-workers watering and taking care of the plants already!!

They probably harvest everything there is for their own experiments too.

I wish I could somehow change the time my scientist goes to work in order to be there before they grab up everything...meh

Message 37 of 161 (2,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Well, they didn't harvest because plants at the Science Lab don't spawn fruit... well, they do but only at 5am and noone is ever there at 5am so it's the same thing.

But your comment gave me an idea.  What if a mod redesigned the Science career so the start of the work day was at like 4am?  Since spawning only occurs at 5am, this might allow the plants to spawn, right?

Message 38 of 161 (2,644 Views)

★ Apprentice

Psychotps, yesss!!! Exactly!!

Or just stop have the co workers do the gardening unless they're ordered to.

Because I saw them again do all the watering and tending when my scientist arrived for work.

So my thought is, they might "steal" all the harvestables.

Another fix could be to have a mod that makes them drop off all harvestables they took in a "harvest chest" or whatever, if they indeed do the harvesting when gardening.

So that all have access to the harvest when needed.

Oooor, make it an option for the scientist to order them to hand over their harvest to him/her.

Just for the fun of testing, I now put bees in the lab to see if that has an influence on anything that happens to the plants there.

Now I wish I knew how to write mods because the ideas for fixes are endless. I wonder why none of the great modders worked something out yet.

Message 39 of 161 (2,627 Views)

★★★★ Expert

It only happens the first time. After that, the plants don't spawn fruit. I think we need to be there before 4am so the spawning action occurs.

Message 40 of 161 (2,593 Views)