Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by laurareay89

Original Post

★★ Novice

Me too. I even tried the cheat to debug the growth stage, with no luck. Hmmm...

On the other hand, it makes play a bit more realistic, when you have to go to work prepared with your own supplies.Thinking As a work around, I've taken to gardening at home and making sure I've got plants in the Sim's inventory to make sera, to plant and immediately water, etc.

Message 81 of 161 (1,622 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem, but if you purchase gifts from the computer you'll be able to get some flowers/plants and synthesize serums! Obviously it will cost a little, but not that much!

Message 82 of 161 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same! It's makes hard to progress in some tasks with this issue.

Message 83 of 161 (1,181 Views)

★ Apprentice

@leozabotto Try the mod from @Psychotps - worked well for me before but haven't tried since the latest update.

Repost of the mod mentioned:
My mod "Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix" solves this problem by shifting the work hours to 12am-9am.  That way you are on the lot at 5am and the plants once again work properly.  The only down-side to my mod is, because you are now at the Science Lab at 5am, you are no longer on YOUR lot at 5am. So, on those days, any plants on your HOME lot won't spawn. I don't see that as much of a problem though, because you can still garden at the Science Lab on weekdays and your own lot on the weekends.

Message 84 of 161 (1,170 Views)

★ Guide
@KonekoFoxglove I've been finding that annoying myself. Every time my task bar has anything in it involving the plants, it's undoable. They never need tending of any kind and they never ripen. It's really aggravating as it limits you (when one shows up) to only 2 tasks at a time to increase your productivity.
Message 85 of 161 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Have had the bug where the science lab plants don't produce anything after being harvested once... the next time at the lab, they don't have anything on them.

Message 86 of 161 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@NerissaAdamaris The mod I made still works fine. I've been updating it when needed. I've been using it ever since and It completely solves the gardening problem in the science career.

FYI... for those in the science career, I've also added a mod that stops the Robot Parts from super-spawning on the chemistry lab. Wink
Message 87 of 161 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well, and have had it for a long time. I thought at first it was because my plants were sheltered in the greenhouse, but then I got rid of the greenhouse and put all the plants outside, with no change. I will definitely try the mod from @Psychotps, thank you for making it Standard smile

Message 88 of 161 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

EA in a nutshell: It's almost the end 2020 and this issue still persists. I had this issue 2 years ago and I wanted to try the Sims 4 again now and what do you know? I can't water the plants at the science lab career, I can't even harvest them, because they don't grow. That being said, I'm definitely not going to buy any EA game anymore, but I will play them though (If you know what I mean) Wink If they don't care, why should I?

Message 89 of 161 (755 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening to me still in November 2020. It’s so annoying as it makes it hard to advance in the career as the career is obsessed with gardening still!!

Message 90 of 161 (700 Views)