Re: [TO TEST] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

by JelaneJ

Original Post

Re: Science Lab Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

It WAS working before. An update last year broke it.

I assume the way it used to work was if a lot was loaded that hadn't been loaded since before the previous 5am, it just spawned the fruit at the first opportunity. But that's not the case now.

As for my mod, I have noticed a few quirks. The only one I'm even a little concerned about is holidays. The new schedule acts a little ... wonky ... around holidays. Don't know why. I don't think I can fix it either. Instead of one day off, it gives you two? Dunno, need to play it more.

I've been playing it all day and for the most part, seems to work just fine.

Message 51 of 161 (1,979 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for that mod, it's made playing a scientist much easier, though I still can't order my coworkers to garden, even when there are obvious weeds. I'm mostly commenting on this thread to confirm that the problem is still a problem. 

Message 52 of 161 (1,778 Views)

★ Guide

Seeing how very little to no fruit grows at the lab, even if you plant a new plant, that's not harvestable. They need to fix this eventually, they cannot avoid this issue, same goes double for other issues in the game.

Message 53 of 161 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wish they would roll back the plant syncing thing :/ Makes no sense that public lots don't regenerate plants, and i often manage to be out at syncing time for the home lot as well so i'm not getting anywhere with gardening. I remember it working perfectly earlier when i played a few years back. Also it's sort of aesthetically displeasing for all of the plants to dry out/grow weeds/get bugs at the exact same time every night.

Message 54 of 161 (1,649 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

Hero (Retired)

PS4 also has this issue. The plants never grow or need caring for after the first time you care for them. The plants then all rot in their pots and all you can do is throw them away. Anytime a "water a plant" task comes up, I have to plant a new plant so I have something to water. The new plants then never grow either and eventually just rot.

Message 55 of 161 (1,625 Views)

★ Guide

I wish they would fix the problem with the plants at the Science Lab already, I have to use cheats to make them grow or need watering and even that doesn't work 100% of the time.

Message 56 of 161 (1,607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

All they got to do is make it so as you leave workplaces that you can't return to at will, they refresh all plants that CAN grow, as in either inside and taken care of, or outside and in the right season and taken care of. It's starting to make me annoyed at how many of these small things are around in the game. Inventory management is already a huge pain in the behind and you don't want to drag around a gazillion things with you. Like you scroll down for an item, mouse over to read tooltip but then the scroll resets to top again by itself. No sorting feature, it's an really a joke how no one at their office can work it out.

Message 57 of 161 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Guide

When playing the interactive scientist career plants will not bloom at the science lab after Seasons was installed. These plants are inside and should not be affected by weather. The plants will grow but crops do not appear and cannot be harvested. Also they rarely need water, which is part of the career tasks on many days.

Message 58 of 161 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide

@ArcherAngelo wrote:

When playing the interactive scientist career plants will not bloom at the science lab after Seasons was installed. These plants are inside and should not be affected by weather. The plants will grow but crops do not appear and cannot be harvested. Also they rarely need water, which is part of the career tasks on many days.

The problem is the people who make this game are too focused on new stuff, they need to focus on fixing glitches as well. No matter how old the glitch is, they need to fix the glitch. I never experienced this problem until Seasons came out and it feels like these plants won't bloom any harvestables. That's the problem that needs complete and total fixing.

Message 59 of 161 (1,549 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

★★★ Novice
@crinrict How about a link to that other thread?
Message 60 of 161 (1,440 Views)