Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Guide

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is would be considered part of this bug, another reported gardening-related bug, or different enough to be a separate bug, but I thought I'd start here...

I have tried multiple times to have my Scientist sim (who has level 9 gardening skill) use Tend Garden on the plants in the greenhouses on the Science Lab lot, but I have consistently received the message "No plants need tending at the moment". I also haven't been able to order any co-workers to garden, as the option is greyed out. I now have plants dying over the course of the sim-day. If I revive a dead plant, only then does Tend Garden or Order to Garden start to work again, though it appears they only tend to/water the revived plant.

I have tested this multiple times beginning from the same save, both before and after clearing cache and repairing game, and I get the same result.

I do not have Seasons installed. Also, I have not used any mods or custom content through the course of this gameplay. 

Message 21 of 161 (4,166 Views)

Hero
Hi @EngineerDaisho

yes, for the moment I would consider this the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 161 (4,159 Views)

★ Guide

Well we recently had an update last week Thursday, I wonder if that fixed any bugs you've been having involving plants at the Science Lab, I have noticed that the plants are doing a tad better, but there are still some bugs that need fixing in gardening. Hopefully they will be sorted out in a late August or November update patch.

Message 23 of 161 (4,073 Views)

Hero
To my knowledge, this is still an open bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 161 (4,038 Views)

★★★ Guide
The problem with the science lab is that the plants become harvestable at 5 am, and weeds/need for water/bugs happen at 6am. Work doesn't start until 10am. So, the scientist will never be at the Lab when the plants are ready. The same happens on home lots, if your sim is not there at 5am.

I don't know if they can have a separate time for the lab. They would have to change the times globally, I guess, so the plants will be harvested when the scientist is actually at the lab.
Message 25 of 161 (4,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, with the plants at the science lab. I can't harvest them any more since I updated my game.

Message 26 of 161 (3,974 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Usually just hit "me too" with a bug but I'm having the same issue. The plants at the GTW lab never bloom. I think they were in bloom at first and after the first harvest nothing. They also rarely need care .. not sure if that's intended as most of my plants need little care now. Someone on the main forums mentioned the plants bloom at 5am now so it's probably not happening because of when our sims go to work. I have been keeping separate gardens at home for my sims but would prefer to have a full science garden at work.

Message 27 of 161 (3,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This problem is happening for me also on console (PS4). It appeared after the last major patch that happened in early september, just before Get Together became available to purchase. I’ve had Get to Work since before the patch. I installed Pets after the patch but the problem still persists.

Since patch:
- plants at home are watered automatically whenever the lot is loaded, but behave normally if you stay there
- plants at the lab don’t need watering or tending
- after you harvest the plants at the lab for the first time they never produce more harvestables
Message 28 of 161 (3,842 Views)

Hero

Hi @xRMJIx

could you please create a separate thread for console ?

As patches/packs are currently not in sync with the PC version, it's best to have separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 161 (3,830 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same issue has not been fixed yet. Wow.
Message 30 of 161 (3,536 Views)