Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing (even with fertilize)

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit the science lab in the scientist active career
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants on the lot don't produce harvestables
What do you expect to see? for the plants to produce harvestables
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it started after the 06/19 patch

see above

Message 5 of 161 (24,520 Views)

★ Guide

Do you know what's going on with gardening in Sims 4? My plants grow fruit quite fine in my neighborhood, but when I go to the scientist lab from Get To Work, none of the plants there are growing fruit, veggies, herbs or flowers. A lot of issues seem to be going on with the Sims 4 since the latest patch from a few weeks ago. I like the new additions that were added involving gardening, but apple trees and other plants didn't take a whole Sims week to grow, normally 5 days at least they would grow, but after the recent update plants seem to grow slowly.

I've gone into the scientist career in Sims 4 with the Sims 4 Get To Work expansion, but now something is up with the plants at the lab, they don't produce flowers, fruit, herbs of veggies like they normally would, but the plants in the neighborhood plants work just fine, I hope someone can actually fix these bugs involving gardening, no matter if its at home or on other lots or at work.

Message 1 of 161 (24,414 Views)

★★ Guide

I can confirm that the plants at the science lab don‘t grow harvestables.

Message 2 of 161 (24,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think there should be a separate thread for now as it sounds a bit different.

To be on the safe side.

Can either of you @KonekoFoxglove or @HazeMan1990 create one.

Sounds a bit like the one where there's no harvestable at the spice festival but I wanna keep them all separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 161 (24,389 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Sure, I‘ll do that! Standard smile

Message 4 of 161 (24,389 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the new thread

I've moved the other posts over :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 161 (24,378 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 161 (24,271 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

★ Apprentice

This is happening to be consistently with the plants at the Science Facility in GTW.  It's constantly being rolled as a duty for the day but I can never water them, and after their first harvest (on her first day of work) they're not going into harvestable state anymore.

Message 8 of 161 (24,255 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Gardening Plants don’t need water or weeding in games

Hero

Hi @MiyuEmi

there seems a separate issue for plants at the science lab.

Moved your post over to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 161 (24,244 Views)

Wild and Work plants not producing harvestables

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work and all the Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new game. Have a sim join the science carrier and go to work several days in a row. Also, have sim visit parks and other places that spawn wild plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants on public lots are not producing harvestables. My sim is a scientist and has not been able to water or harvest the plants at work since the first day of work. He can fertilize, splice, graft and take a sample. Because of this, I cannot always fulfill daily tasks. I can not "order co-workers to garden" or water plants. It's like the plants' needs never decay. The plants only produced harvestable once after my sim initially watered them. The plants lived without needing to be watered or producing harvestables for my sims entire adult life stage and then died. When they died they did not turn brown, they still looked alive but started having green stink fumes coming off of them and when I clicked on them the only option was to "dispose of dead plant." When my sim visits a park or other public areas, none of the plants have even sprouted. They grow while my sim is on the lot, but when they reach maturity they do not produce fruit. Like at work, my sim can take a cutting or microscope sample but there are no harvestable. The plants growing wild around my sims home lot do produce fruit. And the plants my sim planted on his lot produce fruit and need occasional watering. This is making it practically impossible to complete the gardening collection since I am also experiencing an issue with grafted plants not producing the third harvestable. (I posted on another thread to report that issue.)
What do you expect to see? I expect plants on public lots to produce harvestables. I expect plants at my sims science career to have needs decay so my sim can water them, and I expect them to produce harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Began happening after the most recent patch in June.

I also noticed that when my sim has been at another lot and comes home all the plants are dripping like they have just been overwatered but I don't know if that is doing anything or is just a weird animation. 

Message 10 of 161 (24,207 Views)