Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Plants at science lab don't produce harvestables

by MissBeehavingSim

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@laurareay89 That's something that always happens with The Sims. Instead of figuring out why things aren't played and improving it (like the whims, certain careers or aspirations) they just leave it.
I really like the Science Career, so I always set up a little green house at home. The vertical planters from Eco-living are perfect for this. But it would be nice to not having to do that.
Message 101 of 161 (855 Views)

The Sims 4

on PC

in English

Bug occurs every time 100%

Packs owned: 

Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour

Steps: Visit the science lab in the scientist active career

What happens? The plants don't produce harvestables because the scientist shift doesn't include the garden plants' 5:30am self-check

What do you expect to see? Plants self-check at another time of day in the lab, or upon arrival at work

Any customization? Not now, I've removed them

No specific patch or change. Observed before and after the update on May 6 2021.

Message 102 of 161 (819 Views)

★ Guide

With Farming coming soon, I really hope they will fix the fruit spawning system... *Fingers crossed*

Message 103 of 161 (720 Views)

★ Apprentice

this bug has been around since 2018 and STILL isn't fixed... 

Message 104 of 161 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Does EA even read these threads? Do they not know that this has been a bug for 3 years or do they just not care?

I am very concerned that the only person that even tries to help with things like this is a volunteer whose signature says they don't work for EA. 

To be clear, YES I am having this problem right now and it's super annoying.  I even tried spawning items in build mode, but she can't use veggies/flowers I spawn that way because she can't put them in her inventory.

Message 105 of 161 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know it's so annoying. The science career has always been my favorite to play but i don't even bother anymore because of this bug Frown 

Message 106 of 161 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Even when I have owned gtw for a while it's the first time I try the scientist career. Waste of time, since the plants in the lab do no produce harvestables, needed for many serums, experiments and daily tasks. I can water them, but no harvestables. Is this really not getting fixed since 2018? Really? How about spending some time fixing bugs, instead of just releasing pack after pack adding even more bugs to the game? Just so we can actually play the packs after we have spent our money on it...

Message 107 of 161 (565 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@babuchas01 There are actually mods that will fix this, just google it I guess cos Im not sure if we’re allowed to post links here. But, yeah, this is one of the oldest bugs out there (Pretty sure its pre 2017 actually, ive always played the sims and always had this bug) and at this point im pretty sure they wont fix it anytime soon.
Message 108 of 161 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's so frustrating, especially since mods can break other aspects of the game.  Thanks for letting me know one exists though, I will seek it out.  Still infuriating they won't just fix the game or even respond to let us know they heard the concerns and don't care/can't fix it.  If a modder can do it, why can't EA?  Surely they are more talented/have more resources?

Message 109 of 161 (521 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @queenofsprinkles!

The best solution so far was provided by @Psychotps 

The mod is currently up on both Nexus and Mod The Sims:
Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix

Forever grateful to @Psychotps for providing this solution for this annoying issue.
I've used it for years now and it didn't break anything in my game.

EA truly should've fixed this bug by now - so disappointing to see
how they disregard all the requests for a fix...

Message 110 of 161 (510 Views)