Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Only Adults shop at retail

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a retail shop and wait for customers. All of them will be adults. There's no teens, no elders, no kids and no young adults although there's plenty of those in town.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the pool of shoppers is very limited, you get the same customers every single day - even multiple times a day.
What do you expect to see? I would expect teens, elders, young adults and kids also wanting to shop at retails stores.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after a patch about a year ago

I tried this on a fresh save and I haven't used mods in a while. 

EDIT: This is a new thread for an existing one. Merged the old one in here. Original Me Too Count was: 5

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (2,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Children / Teens will not shop on my retail lots

Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed for now cause I've seen all age groups except children now.

Not sure if children are drawn at this point or not. Didn't really test that long. Feedback welcome.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,811 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Children / Teens will not shop on my retail lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I seem to have a problem with my retail lots.

Neither Children nor Teens will appear to shop in the retail lot (tested in bargain bend and the open one in magnolia promenade)

II tested 3 days on fast forward with all mods removed and the game repaired.  I used summer holiday on a fresh game.

I even tried to fill the shop with nothing but childrens mannequins in order to see if somehow that would work.. no dice.

I currently own:

Dine out - Spa day - outdoor retreat

perfect patio stuff

Get together - get to work

Running the game on a 64 bit pc in windows 10.

Are there other reports of this? I have no beds in my shop.. THERE ARE NO MONSTERS!  why wont the children come to buy their school uniforms

Confusedob:  How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (3,392 Views)

Re: Children / Teens will not shop on my retail lots.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you ever have them ? Last time I played they still were coming to my lot so I can't duplicate this.

I know my daughter always complained that there's no children.

I do have a lot of children in my hood though. How many do you have ?

@Lodakaiwan

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Seems the latest patch borked something. I have actually only adults on my lot. No YA/No elders, no kids, no teens.

I'm going to add this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've pinpointed the possible issue in the XML:

<I c="TunableSimFilter" i="sim_filter" m="filters.tunable" n="filter_RetailCustomer_NotToldToLeave" s="116069">

There is a single adult household override at the very end of this segment for some reason.

<V t="enabled" n="_household_templates_override">
    <L n="enabled">
      <T>98542<!--HH_template_NPC_adult_single--></T>
    </L>
  </V>

Commenting it out has resolved the issue in my game.  

Someone might want to take a look at it in order to patch it for everyone else.

Message 3 of 9 (3,344 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I thought it was something simple.

Tagging the guys

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,330 Views)

★ Novice

This still seems to be happening. Children, teens and young adult customers never show up to retail venues. Makes it impossible to sell children's clothing .

I don't have CC.

Message 5 of 9 (3,273 Views)

Hero
Yeah. Still have only adults too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (3,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem is if your not really looking for it you would not notice it. The only reason I noticed it is that tried to sell children's clothing and they never sold it took me a while to figure out only children could by them

Message 7 of 9 (3,035 Views)

Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed for now cause I've seen all age groups except children now.

Not sure if children are drawn at this point or not. Didn't really test that long. Feedback welcome.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,812 Views)