Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No sims at detective APB locations except for the criminal

by Psychotps

Original Post

★ Novice

My fix was that I had to introduce myself to the criminals first - hopefully this works for other people too!

Message 11 of 34 (2,235 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well over a year has passed after this thread was created and i am having this issue now. Any solutions?

Message 12 of 34 (2,214 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★ Guide

I've been having this issue too.  For his first few arrests there were others around, and my detective actually had to figure it out (although a couple of times he knew all the other Sims on the lot already, so it was easy to pick out the only one who wasn't his friend), but after a while (I didn't really pay attention to what might have changed) it started being only the suspect on the lot.

I've noticed that with Seasons, they'll sometimes be in their seasonal clothing, which doesn't match the clues.  If everything else fits (and they're the only one there anyway), I arrest them, and when they get back to the station, they're in their everyday clothing, which fits the clues.

Message 13 of 34 (2,191 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm not even sure this issue is on EA's radar right now, as only 24 people hit the Me Too button, and it has been going on for over a year. It is disappointing because finding the suspect should be like the most important aspect of the career. I also get the Observant trait and then introduce myself to the suspect to make absolute sure it's them. Their wearing their seasonal clothes confused me for so long Large smile There have been a couple of times where I get to the lot and there isn't anyone there, so I have to go back to the station and re-put out the APB. Our best chance for this to be looked at is to have as many people as possible hit the Me Too button.

Message 14 of 34 (2,187 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@vadish3825 I think you are right, it seems we are just a bunch of people or the others have not noticed this thread yet :/ it aint no fun right now, i got this pack so late and my hype just went off -_- how can we make our voices be heard? Lol
Message 15 of 34 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Guide

@JuliaChang93 That is a very good question, and I wish I had a concrete answer lol It's unfortunate because the more packs they put out, the more they focus on bugs that are in those packs because they're new, and these older ones get buried. I'm hoping that because someone commented recently after so much time had passed that maybe, just maybe this will bump it up on the list, if they're looking at recent activity on posts.

Message 16 of 34 (2,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

I decided to play with GTW again, and I noticed the same thing.  In fact, I accidentally arrested Cassidy because she fit the whole description as well.  When I issue the APB, the suspect is never on the lot.  I have all the packs, and tested with no mods.

Message 17 of 34 (2,041 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert
@ronica8601 If you use custom content, it will break the APB's. When they say looking for a female with shorts, you may not find it if the sim you find has bad CC. I've seen long pants tagged as short, sweaters tagged as nighties, a lacy bra tagged as a HAT.

CC is NEVER tagged properly. Not a single CC creator knows how to do it properly. This will mess up the detective career. You can still find them, just ignore clothing and hair. It'll NEVER be right.
Message 18 of 34 (2,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow, I never would've guessed that.  I do use custom content.  I guess I have to get clues that tell me about traits since I do have the observant reward trait.  Thank you for the quick response as well.

Message 19 of 34 (1,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@ronica8601

All the other things will work. Things like "teen", "female", with the "mean" trait. Those will never be wrong. You can look at clothing but take it with a grain of salt. If you see two Mean Teen Females, then you'll have to guess.

One thing you can do to make it work properly. Load up Sims4Studio and MANUALLY go through ALL CC you have installed and tag them all properly. Laugh. It will definitely fix the problem but it's a TASK AND A HALF... to say the least.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 20 of 34 (1,976 Views)