Re: Sims continue to wear hospital gown days after giving birth

by adriana304

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well, to where I don't join them at the Hospital when they have a baby.  Recently, I had a sim in the Doctor career.  I let her have a baby at the hospital and joined her.  Now when she goes to work, she changes into a hospital gown instead of her Doctor coat.

Message 41 of 59 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just started having this issue. I usually have my sims have the baby at home so it hasn't come up before but I wanted the birth certificates for this save. Looks like this has been a problem for at least a year and half, is anyone working on it?

Message 42 of 59 (1,108 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] New mother keeps changing in hospital gown

★★★ Guide

This is still an issue. My sim gave birth an entire sim week ago, her toddler is close to child. And for some reason she still changes into the hospital gown! This is why I never take them to give birth at the hospital anymore, but I wanted the birth certificate.

Message 43 of 59 (1,001 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh my god! I have the same problem! My sim did have a baby but her job is the Paranormal job. And every time gets done, she shows up back home but with a hospital gown! She didn't do this before until she gave birth to her baby. Is there a way to fix this?

Message 44 of 59 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same.thing for me. And I'm on Xbox.

It only happens when you go to the hospital. I'm playing on long life span and this is my Sims 2nd pregnancy. The first one it happened also after giving birth she changes back into her everyday then right before returning to home lot she switches back into the gown (I think that animation is what is causing it) then at home she constantly wears it. Not even when just going to work it's also happens when she goes outside instead of changing into the proper attire from her night close she changes into the gown. 

Is it possible to jist get the birth certificate if we send them to the hospital but not join them? Because this has been going on for a long time I see.

Message 45 of 59 (966 Views)

sims changes in hospital gown

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except journey to butuu and paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? a female sim has to get her baby in the hospital
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims change in the hospital gown everywhere she goes
What do you expect to see? she should be in her own cloths of her work clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my sim was pregnant and she went to the hospital to get the baby. and now every time she goes somewhere she changes back in the hospital gown.

Message 46 of 59 (950 Views)

Re: sims changes in hospital gown

★ Guide

I have this problem too. Its really annoying. But I want to get the birth certificates, so home birth is not an option. 

Message 47 of 59 (890 Views)

★ Guide
@lady8jane it's july 31st and this issue is still happening in the game! i can't believe this hasn't been fixed! I have no CC or mods and this is a fresh save with Cottage Living! Mother had child at the hospital, during the delivery on the table she randomly floated to the doctor where she was standing and the doctor did the horrible T pose! Since after the birth of her child, she is always in the hospital gown everywhere she goes! It's SO ANNOYING! I tried going into CAS and resetting her, nothing works other than just changing her outfit every dang time!
Message 48 of 59 (783 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I started having this issue too with the update that came before Cottage Living :/

Message 49 of 59 (778 Views)

Re: sims changes in hospital gown

★★★ Apprentice
Yep, I'm getting this too. For me, after manually changing their outfit a couple times it usually stops switching to the gown, so it's a little silly but not terribly annoying. Like someone else said, it seems to be specifically the gown in lieu of everyday and/or party wear specifically.
Message 50 of 59 (760 Views)