by lady8jane

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] New mother keeps changing in hospital gown

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mother has baby at hospital, you have to join her to trigger the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Back from hospital, when the mother sleeps and wakes up again in the morning, she changes into the hospital gown instead of her normal clothes. When you then change her back into her normal clothes or have her take a shower, she wears the correct clothing for the rest of the day, regardless if she goes swimming or working out. But as soon as it is night again and she sleeps ... the next morning has her in her hospital gown again. Very annoying.
What do you expect to see? The hospital gown only in the hospital and not on private lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have this for a long time now, but I'm not sure if it was since Get to Work.

Message 1 of 59 (13,782 Views)

Re: New mother keeps changing in hospital gown

Hero

Hm, never seen this in any of my games and I always have them at the hospital.

Can you trigger it each time with every pregnancy even on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 59 (13,662 Views)

★★ Guide

It happens in all of my saves, but it might not be with the first 1-2 pregnancies. I'm doing the 100 babies challenge, so my Sims usually have a lot of babies and I'm several generations in on my current save.

Message 3 of 59 (13,652 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I was actually playing around with a townie Sim that exhibited this just yesterday; same as you described with the mother (usually a female sim but have seen this happen with male sim mothers too) joining to have baby at hospital. She usually switches back to the hospital gown on certain occasions where the outfits you chose are not the default ones the Sim goes to change into.
Message 4 of 59 (13,529 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] New mother keeps changing in hospital gown

★★ Novice

This is happening to me at the moment! So annoying. Every morning / when she gets back from work, she's in her hospital clothes. The baby has now aged up to a toddler so it's been a few sim days now. 

Message 5 of 59 (13,452 Views)

★★ Novice
Same, but when I go to work (as a cop) instead of my work uniform, I'm wearing the hospital gown
Message 6 of 59 (13,332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen after the first birth in my current household. I sent the mother to the hospital to give birth and for several days afterwards she'd change into the hospital gown after showers and such. Not sure when it stopped though. Maybe when she got pregnant again? I've had each subsequent birth at home so I haven't experienced it since.

Message 7 of 59 (13,307 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have a similar issue, where new mothers change into gown for birth, then when they get up from the machine thingy, they change into everyday to pick up baby, then change back into gown when baby disappears. I feel like they should just stay in the gown.
Message 8 of 59 (12,996 Views)

Hero
But they didn't stay in their gown afterwards ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 59 (12,984 Views)

★★★ Guide
They do when they get home, but then I change them out of it. They don't seem to keep it on afterward though. They just strangely change their outfit a couple times while giving birth. Should I create a new thread for this?
Message 10 of 59 (12,951 Views)