Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] [LPSP] Inappropriate behavior at store after guest used fountain

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a shop, put a cheese/chocolate/caramel fountain in there and wait for a rude customer to put his hands in it. After your sim will 'react to inappropriate behaviour' and the rude sim has left the shop, you won't be able to look inside the building anymore
What happens when the bug occurs? The weirdest thing happens. My sim owns a shop in which she sells her paintings. I wanted to organize some kind of fancy grand opening, with a bar and a buffet table with a fountain. The first time the bug happened, I didn't know the reason. Suddenly I wasn't able to look into my shop anymore, like when you visit another sim's house and they haven't invited you in yet (or have kicked you out). So through the window I watched the party still going on, my sim socializing, but not able to have any interactions with my customers. When I went back home and back to my shop again, all was well. So I tried again to have my opening, but same thing happened. Four times in total. After closely watching what happened before the bug occurred, I saw that it was Bob Pancakes that my sim threw out of the shop (three out of four times I'm positive it was Bob Pancakes). So this is exactly what happened at least the last three times: Bob comes to the grand opening, he sees the caramel-filled fountain, he sticks his hand in it, my sim doesn't approve of that, 'reacts to inappropriate behaviour', makes a scene, kicks Bob out of the shop and the moment he walks out it looks like my own sim got thrown out of some place - I'm not able to look inside the building or interact in my shop anymore. Even after Bob just walks back in, I still can't look inside my shop/the building until my sim travels home and back to the shop.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when my sim kicks out a customer because he sticks his hand in the caramel fountain, I'm still able to look inside the building and have my sim have interactions with the people and things in there. I don't expect to be thrown out myself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I want to add that my sim automatically reacts to the inappropriate behaviour. All four times she did this herself, so I'm not able to prevent this unless I'm constantly checking what she plans on doing next or constantly checking if Bob's not at the buffet table sticking his hand where it doesn't belong.

Message 1 of 8 (964 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [LPSP] Inappropriate behavior at store after guest used fountai

Hero

• Scolding a Sim for inappropriate behavior while on an owned retail lot will no longer cause your own Sim to become uninvited and unable to access the building’s interior on their retail lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

I believe the patch notes mean this issue. If this is still occurring, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (720 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Unable to look inside owned shop after sim autonomously kicks out cust

Hero
There's a few threads now for inappropriate behavior.

Don't think we have any on the fountain being an issue.

Do you only have issues with it when using it at the shop or also other venues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (954 Views)

Re: [GTW] Unable to look inside owned shop after sim autonomously kicks out cust

★★★ Apprentice
I saw the other threads about the inappropriate behaviour, but I didn't see any on not being able to look inside an owned shop, so that's actually why I created this one. I'm sorry if there already was a thread on specifically that, in that case I didn't see it.

About the fountain; never had any problems with it before (only used it on home parties before) It could be a combination of the fountain and a sim with a certain trait that makes him act in this way. Probably glutton or something, I'm not sure what Bob's traits are though.
Message 3 of 8 (950 Views)

Hero
That's the usual behavior if your Sim gets thrown out of the house.

Not sure how much time I have for testing but I'll try the fountain.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes but MY sim doesn't get thrown out of the shop, she owns the shop, she throws another sim out, and the shop becomes unplayable. Standard smile

I just found out that it's probably the slob trait that makes him do the thing with the fountain. 

I could send you my save if that's easier?

Message 5 of 8 (917 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] [LPSP] Inappropriate behavior at store after guest used fountai

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (850 Views)

Hero

• Scolding a Sim for inappropriate behavior while on an owned retail lot will no longer cause your own Sim to become uninvited and unable to access the building’s interior on their retail lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

I believe the patch notes mean this issue. If this is still occurring, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (721 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 8 (710 Views)