by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Items returned after selling at the retail shop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? trt sell the robo arm on the retail shop
What happens when the bug occurs? every robo arm that set to sell came back to my inventory when i back to home. the message said it is restored because i miss it at the commom lot. even some of them could be sold if i dont back to home. while it remain as just sign(sold product sign), fully intact robo arm back to my inventory.
What do you expect to see? it should remain on the showcase for selling purpose like othsr goods at the retail shop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

hm i think i explained all about it. it is simple but and anybody can try it if trying to sell the robo arm at the retail shop

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 24 (6,198 Views)
Highlighted

Re: selling robo arm at the retail shop

Hero

Don't have an arm to test this but I assume you tested this without mods installed ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (6,173 Views)

The Following Items Were Returned - retail set for sale items!

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to your sim's retail shop, put items from their inventory into the shop, and set them for sale. Then return the sim home.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have just left some items (books written by the sim's mother) from my sim's inventory in their retail shop and set them for sale - the same way I always have. Then my sim returns home and a note pops up saying "The following items were returned to either your sims inventory or the household inventory after being left on another lot." Then it lists the 5 books that I just put for sale in the retail shop.
What do you expect to see? The items should stay in the retail shop and be for sale - not return to my sim once he gets home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have just left some items (books written by the sim's mother) from my sim's inventory in their retail shop and set them for sale - the same way I always have for many of my sims with retail shops. Then my sim returns home and a note pops up saying "The following items were returned to either your sims inventory or the household inventory after being left on another lot." Then it lists the 5 books that I just put for sale in the retail shop. This is frustrating - I need those books to stay at the shop!

Message 3 of 24 (6,106 Views)

Items restocked in the my store goes back to my inventory when I go home.

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all the expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to your book store/ retail store and put the the books you wrote for sale .
What happens when the bug occurs? When you go back to your house the books you just restocked and put for sale goes back to you inventory.
What do you expect to see? Books stays in the store for sale not back in my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

When I get back to my house it says I left all those books I restocked on the other lot and it returned all the books in my inventory

Message 4 of 24 (6,039 Views)

Re: The Following Items Were Returned - retail set for sale items!

★★ Novice

Im having the same problem with my book store, the books I put for sale goes back to my sims inventory when he he goes home. Are you able to fix your problem?

Message 5 of 24 (6,021 Views)

Re: The Following Items Were Returned - retail set for sale items!

★★★★★ Novice

I have this exact same issue going on in my game with books being  returned to the inventory of the bookstore owner after leaving the retail lot.....

Message 6 of 24 (5,877 Views)

Re: Items restocked in the my store goes back to my inventory when I go home.

★ Guide

Same issue. Just happened today;( so annoying since I had a bunch of books there. Any ideas how to avoid this?! 

Message 7 of 24 (5,733 Views)

Champion
@justyniaok1 for my retail bookstores, I have my book writers visit the owner and gift them the books, using a give gift action like the ones from Seasons. That way, they books change ownership to the store owner.
Message 8 of 24 (5,712 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion I do that too, but that doesn’t help the issue.
Message 9 of 24 (5,689 Views)

Sim's books keep returning to inventory when trying to have a bookshop.

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? PC:1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work,Get Together,City Living,Cats & Dogs,Seasons,Get Famous,Island Living,Outdoor Retreat,Spa Day,Dine Out,Vampires,Parenthood,Jungle Adventure,StrangerVille,Realm of Magic,Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,Cool Kitchen Stuff,Spooky Stuff,Movie Hangout Stuff,Romantic Garden Stuff,Kids Room Stuff,Backyard Stuff,Vintage Glamour Stuff,Bowling Night Stuff,Fitness Stuff,Toddler Stuff,Laundry Day Stuff,My First Pet Stuff,Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a bookstore, have your sim sell his/hers books there, travel home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Books that should stay in the store return to sim's inventory
What do you expect to see? Books staying in the store where I put them up for sale.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

This is super frustrating since I can't run a bookstore, all the books I put up for sale just keep returning to the inventory over and over again. Shocked

Message 10 of 24 (5,618 Views)