Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation broken/ No Animation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save, have your sim in the scientist career, use the invention constructor. Brainstorm or do anything on the invention constructor and it is broken.
What happens when the bug occurs? The invention appears over your sim instead of in the middle of the constructor.
What do you expect to see? The blue highlight of the invention or brainstorm in the middle of the constructor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after this latest patch. This is a new save I created just before the patch. I have turned off mods/cc in my game and repaired the game and tried a new save. It still occurs.

Screenshot_4.png

This is without CC in the game. I am using a custom lot from the gallery but I verified move objects was not used on this object and it was not.

This is on a new save after repairing the game and having my mods off.Screenshot_5.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

@InvaderJoshDoom I should add that I have ZERO last exceptions generated, it just randomly happens.

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 1 of 126 (22,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation broken/ No Animation

Hero

● The Robot on the Invention Constructor will now respond to requests to chat.
● Invention Constructors have been repaired. They now properly display their holographic displays in the construction area and not on top of the Sim operating the device.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 126 of 126 (3,831 Views)

All Replies

Invention Constructor Animations Broken after 1.77.131

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal, Cottage, Nitting, and all Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the scientist career. Try to use the invention constructor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Animations are either broken, misplaced, or don't play at all.
What do you expect to see? Animations working properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030

Yes, I did the usual: Emptied the Mods folder, game repair, cleared all cache files, new game. Bug appears every time on both the science lab and residential lots.

It appears every animation regarding the Invention Constructor is broken or missing:

Selecting "Chat with Robot", the sim talks but the robot does nothing. No animations play at all. Social does go up and affinity with robot does increase. Just no animations.

Selecting "Invent xxx", the initial hologram appears AROUND the sim and not in the middle of the constructor. Robot animation is mis-aligned, freezes, and nothing else plays. Pause for a bit and the item simply appears in the constructor. None of the smoke, laser, or actual building process.

Selecting "Brainstorm", the initial hologram again appears on top of the sim. Robot animation glitches out.

Whatever the end-goal is appears to work. It's just all the animations that are broken.

TS4_x64 2021-07-24 09-19-05-36.jpg

Message 2 of 126 (22,729 Views)

Re: [GTW] Invention Constructor animation displaying over sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Also had this problem, across three different saves, and one of them, my mods were completely out and off.

Edit: I would also add that the Invention constructor is NOT the only device at the science lab with off animations, just the most obvious one. Also with the off animations is the Chemical Analyzer: first sims weren't actually looking at the computer screen but off to the side, then the test tube didn't get put into the slot, but rather off to the side several "inches"... I watched four or five cycles of that, just to be sure I wasn't imagining it. (This off animation thing is also in the base game animation of washing dishes by hand... normally, they LOOK at the dishes they're washing.)

Message 3 of 126 (22,635 Views)

New Problem with Science Career Brainstorming on Invention Station.

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I started a new game and sent a sims to the science career for GTW.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game lags and sim glitches and kinda hiccups or freezes until action is cancelled.
What do you expect to see? When I went to complete the invent and the graphics that should be centered in the middle of the circle are centered on my sim. There is also no animation for the construction and the tasks kinda stalls and has to be cancelled for anything to show.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is the pic when Sim is brainstorming. 

Message 4 of 126 (22,586 Views)

Invention Constructor Not Working Properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 177.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Your Sim will need to start the Scientist career, go to work and then get on the Invention Constructor to either Brainstorm or construct an item.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 3D imaging field goes outside of the Constructor and places itself where your Sim is standing.
What do you expect to see? I should see the 3D imaging field to be within the Constructor and not outside.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've attached 2 pics to show you what is going on within the game and hope it just isn't me.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 5 of 126 (22,482 Views)

Audio Staticy and Messed up after listening to Cottagecore

★★ Novice
When I click on the earbuds or radio of any kind, click on Cottagecore and let it play, the audio in my game becomes staticy and messed up. I can't hear anything other than the static and a few words here or there. If I change the station, it is still staticy and messed up. If I leave the lot after turning the earbuds or radio off, it will still be playing and messed up. I have to exit the game without saving and start the game back up for the audio to be fixed. Then, if I do it again, it is the same result no matter what lot I am on.
Message 6 of 126 (22,430 Views)

Re: Audio Staticy and Messed up after listening to Cottagecore

★ Guide

@VampLover2220  There is already a report on this here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Loud-scratch-sound-Multiple-songs-when-listing-to-Cottage/... 

You could click on "Me Too" over on that thread if you like.

Message 7 of 126 (22,418 Views)

Bug while using the inventor machine in the scientist career

★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone but strangerville, journey to batuu and cottage living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go to work in the scientist career and use the inventor machine
What happens when the bug occurs? While i'm using de inventor machine the project appears where my sim stands
What do you expect to see? The project should appear in the center of the machine where the object will appear lately
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I took a screenshot of my sim using the inventor machine

Message 8 of 126 (22,415 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation displaying over sim

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this problem too! The diagram of the object to be built appears in the middle of the Sim, and then there is no animation of the machine building, although the finished object appears after a while.

06-08-21_23-29-59.png

Message 9 of 126 (22,367 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Invention Constructor animation displaying over sim

★★★★★ Novice
@JMoon_gamer is it still not working bc mine not either i talk to ea they say it is a bug
Message 10 of 126 (22,273 Views)