Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Hairstyle duplicated/ Can't change hair color on duplicate

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open CAs 2. Create a female Sim 3. Fnd GTW hair shown on the picture. There's two variations.
What happens when the bug occurs? The faulty hair with the line across the face is in the game but it's broken. You can't change the hair color on it.
What do you expect to see? For the broken asset to not appear at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Patch 1.68.154

See pic

Bild_2020-11-23_182216.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (2,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buggy hair from get to work

Hero

Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim assets ymHair_EP01LongWavySwept and yfHair_EP01LongWavySwept that made seam lines appear when they were applied to opposite Frames.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,895 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Hairstyle duplicated/ Can't change hair color on duplica

★★ Guide
@crinrict I can confirm that I am seeing this in my game as well on male Sims. The mesh between the two versions is very slightly different.
It actually is possible to change the colour of the broken duplicate but not by using the swatch selector. If you apply the correct hair and change the colour, when you switch back to the broken duplicate the colour will have changed there as well.
Message 2 of 9 (2,401 Views)

Buggy hair from get to work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? only get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS. It's a get to work kind of hair.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a buggy kind of hair from get to work. It's similar to another kind of hair. The pic is old brown instead of black like all the others. When I put it on a sim it doesn't change color. It can be only old brown or old black. (the last two colors)
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see it. I think that's an error.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was appeared after I've installed the "skin tone" update.

This is the buggy kind of hair.

Message 3 of 9 (2,302 Views)

Champion

@Cesco460 Hi!  So, first of all, I just want to say just because someone has a bit of grey hair doesn't mean they're "old". Tongue out Maybe I took that a little too personally. lol

Anyway, I just tested this and I definitely think you found a bug with this hair.  My sim had black hair already so the hairstyle you mentioned looked fine at first. By the way, this hairstyle does have a bit of a "sheen" to it, so even the black color has a little grey in it.  I think that's intentional.

When I changed it to the grey/black or grey/brown hair, I could not change it back to just black or brown.  However, when I changed to a different hairstyle, I was able to change back to the black and brown colors. As a workaround, try changing to a different hairstyle and choose the black or brown color.  Then switch back to the one you highlighted. 

This is how it looks in by game.

Black/Grey  and  Black
BitOfGreyBlackHair.pngBlackHair.png

Brown/Grey  and  Brown (the difference is much more pronounced in the brown colors I think)

BitOfGreyBrownHair.pngBrownHair.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 9 (2,278 Views)

Hero
@Cesco460 Going to merge this with the existing thread for another hairstyle that has the same issue.

The other is a female hairstyle but it looks like it's the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,235 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It's the male version of the same female hairstyle posted previously.
Message 6 of 9 (2,209 Views)

Hero
@Alistu they just don't look the same though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I think it's definitely the same issue. There is the same bug in my game for the girl version.

I hope they will fix it soon...

Message 8 of 9 (2,154 Views)

Hero

Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim assets ymHair_EP01LongWavySwept and yfHair_EP01LongWavySwept that made seam lines appear when they were applied to opposite Frames.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,896 Views)