[FIXED] [GTW] Doctor Career: Surgery Animation broken/T_Posing

by FrozenWillow1980

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Doctor Career: Surgery Animation broken/T_Posing

★ Guide

@elisnmiami 

some bugs have had longer issues, 5mo isn't that substantial.  be grateful a dev has said they're looking at it.

Message 71 of 162 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sorry elisnmiami.  How would they know if you didn't post it here?  Your archive link takes us to another site completely.  If any problems, we've always posted here.  And a dev has said they are looking into it.  I actually still find this bug hilarious.  If it had stopped babies being born and made the game completely unplayable and babies were not sent home, then I'd have a much bigger problem.  Not everyone has GTW either so they won't see this bug.  Just smile mate.  Smile and giggle and enjoy the fact that sometime things get broken in a hilarious way.  

Also, devs - if you provide testers with all the packs, let them try out new xpacs with everything else installed so they can catch these bugs.  If I was playing World of Warcraft beta testing (which I did), I would not expect classic wow and just new xpac for testing.  I'd expect, classic wow, tbc, wotlk, etc right up to retail pack right now to test it.  EA you need to allow EA Game Changers to test with all xpacs as we do when we test Wow and other games.  Just my opinion.  

Message 72 of 162 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

<disclaimer>I do not work for EA.  I work for a non-game software company.</disclaimer>

So, bugs.  Ritzy has already posted here to say that they're looking at it but it's more complicated than it looks.

So, there are lots of reasons as to why fixing a bug might take longer than expected, as were outlined in the official post about bugs. But as others have said:

• It doesn't prevent babies from being born
  • It doesn't prevent your doctors from getting credit for delivering babies
  • It doesn't crash your game
  • It only affects users who own Get to Work

It's unsightly but not damaging. That said, they're looking at it, but when they fix it they want to make sure they don't break other things, and also it's apparently more complicated than it looks.  Like, as laypeople we might look at it and think, "Oh, it's just playing that baby animation and that's just a single thing and it was working before so just paste the old thing back!" but that's just not how it works.  There are other things going on beneath the surface.

I play a doctor and a lot of families so I'd love to see it fixed, too, but it's not the top of my list for Worst Bug Ever.

Message 73 of 162 (1,452 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Doctor can't calibrate X-Ray Machine (Route Failure)

★★★ Novice

my sims also become T shape when operating! and the patient flips too D: 

Message 74 of 162 (1,314 Views)

Re: Patient goes through the wall when Doctor sim tries to operate - BUG

★★ Novice

I have that as well, it is funny

Message 75 of 162 (1,343 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 180.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal Stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim be a surgeon in the Doctor Career and assess collapsed sim, or take a pregnant sim to the surgery table.
What happens when the bug occurs?So the Doctor Sim takes the Patient to the surgery table and the sim flips around out of the table a last exception error occurs 
What do you expect to see? I expect the patient to stay in the surgery table until the doctor has completed surgery and no last exception 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes and no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure 
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 76 of 162 (1,319 Views)

★★ Guide
@sky9706 I have a thread on exactly that. Can you head on over to it and click me too on my bug report? Thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Doctor-Career-Surgery-Animation-broken-T-Posing/m-p/1...
Message 77 of 162 (1,229 Views)

★ Guide

The doctor's job has another problem for me besides the surgical bed, when I send my Sim to work on their own as a habbit hole, he doesn't go, he's still at home and the work saying he was absent. Anyone else with this bug too?

Message 78 of 162 (1,170 Views)

Hero
@RoseOfDecember Please create a separate report for this. Make sure to try on a game without mods before making a report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 162 (1,149 Views)

Surgery Table Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having an issue with the surgery table in my active gameplay. I've talked back and forth with the folks at EA and they don't have any answers. All of a sudden my Sims go to the surgery table. They start the surgery, the arms move then the Sim freezes with her arms out to her sides. Sometimes the patient slides back and forth right through the Sim and back to the table. The arms of the surgery table also freeze. 

This happens until the surgery is over. I have video files I can send for reference.

Message 80 of 162 (1,141 Views)