Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Doctor Career - no pregnant sim spawning

by vhicks10

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

thought you might like an update. I took the current saved game and put under a different file name and location. Started up a new game. No cheats used. At level 8 of the Doctor career no spawn of pregnant sim. So used cheat to get me through to level 9 and first day at work a pregnant sim spawned.

Message 21 of 54 (1,779 Views)

Hero
That's good to hear so maybe it was just stuck ?

There haven't been any other reports so it might just be have some kind of legacy issue from before the issue was solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 54 (1,767 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that while "fixing" this now the code treats the pregnant sim as a normal event and the baby stays with the NPC. The code is programmed to pick genetics from random sims and dwindles down. So essentially you end up with a bunch of NPCs with babies. Also if that NPC was a service sim, they are removed from it and a new one is created. 

Message 23 of 54 (1,717 Views)

Hero

Hi @ArchXDiablo

that would be a different issue though.

If you think it need fixing, please create a new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 54 (1,694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there!

I seem to have an issue with the doctor career even though it's suppose to be fixed.

I am also at level 8 and so the task is to deliver a baby, but so far no luck. I have gone through about a week without the goal ever show up on my daily tasks at the hospital. Once a very pregnant sims showed up at the desk so I thought maybe that's it, but she wasn't in labor and just acting like a regular patient... If I remember correctly I should get a pop up message saying that a pregnant sim showed up and needs to deliver her baby or something like that.  

So I'm not sure if I have to keep on going to work or if it's just not going to happen... people seem to have the issue with the goal showing up but no pregnant sim but I don't even get that. She mainly treats patients one after the other. 

Also, her performance is fully green so literally all she needs is for a sim in labor to show up!

Any help ? I don't mind sharing my save -Standard smile

Message 25 of 54 (1,673 Views)

Champion
The bug that they fixed was - an event would pop up during the hospital work day with the goal Deliver Baby. But no pregnant sim would appear at the hospital.

It's rare random event. So if you haven't actually seen that goal appear, then it might just be your luck. Just keep going to work and someday it will happen.

When it works, a goal will appear in the top right, then after a while the pregnant sim will waddle into reception. Then a popup message appears saying that there's a "code watermelon" and you need to deliver the baby.
Message 26 of 54 (1,660 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so what you're saying by "it's a rare random event" is that it's not unusual that after a week the goal still hasn't appear ?

How long would you say before I worry about the event never happening ? I thought a week was a lot... Because I play with a longer lifespan so I can't even imagine having half the time to complete the career...

My sim started at level 3 when she turned young adult, she has now about 30 days left before becoming an elder and I have barely missed any active work days with her. So I've done my best for her to get promotions after promotions, and although my misdiagnosis made me waste a day or two, it still takes a very long time in my opinion... Longer than the doctor career and the scientific career I'd say. 

Anyways, so I will wait for the "code watermelon"... When should I start worrying ? (I got a feeling something is wrong lol)  

Message 27 of 54 (1,645 Views)

Champion
A week isn't much at all. I think I went with my doctor every day for three weeks before I saw one.

It randomly chooses something each work day, so if you're really concerned about not wasting time, just save the game before the doctor leaves for work. Play the day for a bit, and if there's the wrong event, quit without saving and reload the day and repeat again until you get what you want.
Message 28 of 54 (1,627 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Cheers for that! I'm actually not sure why, if it has to do with the new save or just luck, but this time around my sim got to deliver a baby on her very first active day at level 8! I was VERY surprised as when she got to promotion I was thinking "alright, now let's wait for ever...." !!

So, my problem now is that I don't know if there was an issue with my old save (quite old, many generations) or if I was just being impatient. I had a number of issues with it so maybe the save was corrupted or something. Or maybe it's just luck this time! I struggled with the diagnosis at the beginning, way more than the first time around, but now that she's at a higher level it's actually very easy. Often she gets one final choice at the end of the tests so she can't really get the wrong diagnosis, and if not, the symptoms are incredibly obvious compared to the beginning of the career!

So anyways, I'm good now! I did have a question though, how does it work when they spawn the pregnant sim to deliver? Do they "create" a random pregnancy or do they use a sim already pregnant? Because the one my sim delivered is married to a woman so I thought it was odd that it was her...

Message 29 of 54 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had my doctor impregnate a couple of sims throughout town and still no one is showing up to have a baby.

Message 30 of 54 (1,489 Views)