by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] [DO] [CD] Business employees don't show

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? own a restaurant and open it. this happen 3 times past 2 days
What happens when the bug occurs? everyone show up but waiters
What do you expect to see? waiters showing up when you open you own restaurant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my Sim own a restaurant, every once in a while when you open for business , cooks, host will show up for work but waiters. 3rd time this happen in 2 days

11-13-17_3-29-18 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 34 (4,961 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Business employees doesn't show

Hero

I'm going to add this as it's been an issue for a while now.

Made it more general though as it seems to also happen for retail, vet clinic and other Dine Out Employees.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (4,901 Views)

Re: Business employees doesn't show

Hero

Added to Dine Out section

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (4,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This has just started happening to me.

I have 2 waiters unlocked and both were showing up for work quite happily for several days. At my most recent visit to the restaurant, neither waiter showed up.

I tried closing the restaurant, leaving the lot and coming back and re-opening the restaurant, without success. ETA: I tried this multiple times.

I then tried firing both my waiters, leaving the lot, coming back and hiring new waiters. Nothing.

However, when I tried this a second time, one of the two new waiters showed up. The other didn't.

NB: I have no mods or custom content installed.

ETA:

Additional note - while it's been a known issue that sometimes one or more employees don't show up for no apparent reason in other venues (retail shops, vet clinics), restaurants are a more serious case. If none of a particular employee type shows up, the restaurant *cannot function as intended* and there is nothing that you as the owner can do to work around it.

Your only option seems to be to fire all of that employee type, wave goodbye to all the money you sunk into their training, and then hire new staff. Or according to a post on a separate forum, sometimes to delete the restaurant entirely and place a new copy.

ETA 2: Reopened the restaurant on the next sim day. Neither waiter showed up. I've sold it now because it's just not worth the aggravation until this is fixed.

Message 4 of 34 (4,767 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (4,615 Views)

Champion
My restaurant employees usually show up OK if I open the restaurant before travelling to it, then they are there working already by the time I arrive.

Haven't tried opening the restaurant while on the lot for a while, I remember that used to be quite glitchy sometimes when staff wouldn't appear, but I just assumed that was because the lot was at the 20 active sim capacity with some random townie in the background fishing somewhere blocking the staff showing up.
Message 6 of 34 (4,607 Views)

Hero
That could very well be a reason.

I tested a save the other day that had 25 household Sims (removing mods somehow didn't remove the extra Sims) and that kept any Sims from appearing :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (4,602 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [DO] [CD] Business employees don't show

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening in my vet clinic. I've hired 2 employees, but only one of them ever show up. It's the same person every time too.

Message 8 of 34 (4,505 Views)

Hero
Have you tried firing that Sim and getting a new one ? Did you check if he was stuck ?

Also, there is a known issue with this if you play with more than 8 Sims in your household

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (4,494 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It's an issue in my restaurant and my retail store. I've never had a problem with my clinic though. However, like mentioned before, my restaurant's only an issue if I open it while on the lot. Opening beforehand, everyone's always there. As for my retail store .... well I spend most of my time reprimanding them for playing on their phones anyway so it's not a big deal if they show up or not.
Message 10 of 34 (4,457 Views)