[ARCHIVED] [GTW] Crime Scenes are not cleaned up properly

by sagredo1632

Original Post

How to remove crime scene graffiti from TS4 apartments?

★★★ Novice

I just recently started playing the detective career for the first time so didn't realize I'd have any problems associated with it as I had always just played the medical career. But I've had 2 problems crop up with the detective career. My first crime ended up taking place in the very apartment my detective sim just moved into (what are the odds of that?) there was a bunch of graffiti everywhere which is normal for crime scenes, and I figure if its in people's houses and such that I can just remove it in build mode (haven't tested this theory yet but sounds about right) but there's ugly graffiti on the outside of the apartment hallway, the common area between apartments where the elevators are located. I figured after the crime was solved the graffiti would go away on its own, but it never did, several crime cases and real life weeks of playing TS4 later the graffiti is still there, both in the hallways and on the floors directly outside of the apartments on street level. Clicking them does nothing, using debug cheats only gives me the option to "reset" them which does nothing or wear them on my head which makes things worst. No amount of cheat attempts have helped, and can't find any mods or cheats to get rid of them. I have OCD and the constant sight of these tags are ruining my gameplay lol. I've searched the net and seen other people with similar problems, but no one providing solutions that I can try. One person said to make your sim a klepto and just steal the tags but I rather not take that route unless I absolutely have to. Any help would be great before the problem gets worst. Also the other issue I've been having with the detective career is that all the clues are useless and trying to find the responsible suspect is just one big guessing game and luck. The clues can say a suspect is an elderly man with black hair for example, but then it turns out my culprit is a teenage girl with blonde hair, makes it really difficult to solve crimes. I've seen a lot of people have this problem too and tried all recommended solutions but the problem remains. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 11 of 18 (1,628 Views)

Re: How to remove crime scene graffiti from TS4 apartments?

Hero

Hi @ThePinkPanther83

I merged your post with existing thread.

The suspect issue is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-u... so feel free to click me too on that one as well

Willing to share your save game for the graffiti issue ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sent you my saved files, sent it twice since the first time I forgot to rename the file to my username, so please disregard that one.

Message 13 of 18 (1,602 Views)

Hero

Thanks

I'm currently sick in bed but I'll check it out as soon as I'm better

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, thank you and get better soon! Embarrassed Coffee cup Heart Standard smile

Message 15 of 18 (1,584 Views)

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ThePinkPanther83

don't think there's much you can do.

I'll forward your save to the devs

Archiving this thread as it's ancient and doesn't use the template. I'm really curious if anyone still has this issue or not so please if you do, create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 18 (1,542 Views)

★★★ Novice

That sucks, Disappointed well thanks anyway for having a look.

Message 18 of 18 (1,534 Views)