[ARCHIVED] [GTW] Crime Scenes are not cleaned up properly

by sagredo1632

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [GTW] Crime Scenes are not cleaned up properly

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As the title says, on PC Version 1.7.62.1020+OR+GTW, no mods. If you try to move in a family onto a house lot, the option 'Furnished' is greyed out, even on the prebuilt lots that came with the game.

I am reasonably sure that this is an issue with GTW, specifically the detective profession. In particular, I think any lot on which you've done  a crime scene investigation becomes unable to be 'Furnished' when trying to move someone in. The only way I found to fix this was to start a new game, save the prebuilt lots to library, then bulldoze and replace the lots in the currently running save.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (4,462 Views)

Re: Houses cannot be bought 'Furnished'

Hero

I've noticed that some of the lots don't get cleaned properly. Have you tried buying a house next door, then going to visit that lot (which cleaned it up for me) and then try moving ?

(I do assume you have enough money to buy it furnished)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,437 Views)

★ Apprentice

Aha! That seems to work. In short, the act of visiting the lot (not as a detective, but just normally) seems to fix the lot itself and allows anyone (the player, or townies from the Manage Worlds screen) to buy the lot as furnished again. I have also noticed that crime scene lots were sometimes not cleaning up graffiti on them after a visit, but these lots didn't have any outwardly obvious sign of having been a crime scene.

I wonder if this is the reason that my world has been emptying out after some days of play. At the moment, exactly 0 townies actually live in the world and I stumbled across this problem when trying to move some homeless townies into, well... town. I'd still call this an outstanding bug, since it may be stopping autonomous refilling of empty lots, and it really shouldn't be necessary that you visit a place to reset the lot.

Message 3 of 18 (4,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @sagredo1632

I agree it's a bug but it's more that the lots are not being cleaned up.

I've changed the title of your thread a bit

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (4,421 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I was about to report this bug when I noticed this thread. Well, I immediately went and tried out the recommended work-around - since it happened to a lot right next to where my detective lives (which is why I noticed it wasn't being cleaned up properly after a crime-scene investigation). Only - it didn't work! Disappointed I went over there on an off day and visited with the Sims that live there - and all the garbage was still all over the place after I left. It was all invisible when I was *on* the lot, but reappeared as soon as I got back to my Sim's home lot. Teeth bared

Message 5 of 18 (4,259 Views)

Hero

Can you try switching your active family to over there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (4,251 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Crinrict, you're a genius! :eahigh_file:

Changed the active family to the one occupying the offending household and I could not see any of the crime-scene clues lying around. Switched back to the detective's household and this time - it really was all gone!

So, it appears the work-around for this issue is to switch to that household, save the game, then switch back to the household you were playing before.

Message 7 of 18 (4,240 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Crime Scenes are not cleaned up properly

★★★ Pro

Still happening in the game as of the Feb 2016 patch.

Message 8 of 18 (4,042 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still occurring for anyone? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 18 (3,740 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick , this has happened in my game within the last week.  I don't play the family that lives in the affected lot.  I had housed them to prevent culling.

First pic shows outside shot of crime scene clues not cleaned up when I sent a sim to visit.  Second pic shows inside, upstairs shot of crime scene clues not cleaned up.

Oddly enough, the mailbox was in the center of the downstairs area when my detective arrived on the crime scene.  I did move that back to the outside of the house by entering build mode when I remembered where it had been, some time after the fact.  That was when I first noticed crime scene clues were also visible.  Since I had not played the family living in the lot, I can't be sure if the mailbox moved when I placed the home and I just didn't notice in build mode, or if it happened when the detective was sent to the crime scene.  I have used that house in prior saves with no mailbox issue.

When I sent a sim to visit the lot this morning and could still see crime scene clues, I went ahead and put the saves into a .rar after I exited the game.  If you need me to upload the save and its backup versions I can do so, if they are needed.

Message 10 of 18 (3,729 Views)