by Danana1997

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Computer on the Front Desk only has order option

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By putting any computer on the "The front desk" now appearing in the desk section in surface
What happens when the bug occurs? only one option is available on the computer now and it's ORDER and even on that option many choice are missing as it shows on my pictures
What do you expect to see? Usually more options
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after the patch 1.36.99.1020 ‌

Any computer put on the "THE front desk" show only "order" has options

Message 1 of 37 (9,788 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Computer on the Front Desk only has order option

Hero

Duplicated and added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (9,652 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Computer on the Front Desk only has order option

★★★★★ Newbie

Duplicated this bug.  EA, please fix the Front Desk object so all standard computer options are available.

Message 3 of 37 (9,607 Views)

Problem with computers' menu options, tested with no Mods

★★★ Novice

Tested the game with no mods and I still have the issue with a particular household. I have a Programmer and an Astronaut in it, and the computer pie menu has very limited options, such as order stuff, social networks and salvage parts. All other options are gone, and the problem is in that particular household, tested one with an artist and a scientist and computers work fine there. I have the impression it's career related. And it's sad because it's my Simself household Devil

Here´s the lastexception code, added it as an attachment too so whoever wants to download it, can do it easily. 

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>7230681afea5c9265b2c35fd</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-06-21 20:36:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.44.77.1020-1.200.000.347.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>ops.py:2642</categoryid><desyncid>7230681afea5c9265b2c35fd</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error while attempting to create op &lt;class 'distributor.ops.SetAwayAction'&gt; for : (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 548, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1249, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 699, in on_enter&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 98, in start&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 58, in _run_current_away_action&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\away_actions\away_action_tracker.py", line 39, in _resend_away_action&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\fields.py", line 172, in _resend&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\fields.py", line 124, in get_op&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\ops.py", line 2642, in __init__&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Regards,

Flo

Message 4 of 37 (9,373 Views)

Re: Problem with computers' menu options, tested with no Mods

Hero

Hi @MarFloCaro

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (9,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there @crinrict, thanks for getting interested in my micro tragedy Sick

Saves folder is 532mb, is all of it needed or with the last save of that particular world/household is ok? I have identified which slot it is using.

Message 6 of 37 (9,341 Views)

Hero
HI @MarFloCaro

just need the bugged save, not everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (9,321 Views)
Highlighted

Computer in Live Mode No Longer Has More than Two Options

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, pets, get to work, city living, vintage glamor stuff, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in live mode, click on a computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When clicking on a computer, Sims cannot do anything on it except for "order..." and "Social Networking...". Before a recent update, the computers in the game would display all of the options, including "practice typing", "write a book" "order", "social networking", "browse", etc.
What do you expect to see? All of the other functions on the computer should be listed, when I click on a computer to use in live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 8 of 37 (9,418 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Computer in Live Mode No Longer Has More than Two Options

★★ Novice

This bug started happening after the June 19th, 2018 patch.

Message 9 of 37 (9,415 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Computer in Live Mode No Longer Has More than Two Options

Hero

Hi @Danana1997

they still work without issues for me

• Try repairing the game through Origin
  • Try selling the computer and get a new one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (9,398 Views)