[OPEN] [GTW] Cannot arrest suspect if suspect is also a police officer

by SorchaNiC

Original Post

Re: Arrest bug- career interactions not even available on suspect

★★ Novice

Was able to lift the glitch by quitting and re-entering my career. Mind you I don't use cheats, so I may not have been looking in the wrong place but the only detective cheat that was available was demotion and promotion. Both of which I tried without results-- well other then embarrassing my sim.

Thank you for your help though. 

Message 11 of 32 (2,413 Views)

Re: Arrest bug- career interactions not even available on suspect

Hero
@Darkdani81 Hm. I need to check next time I'm ingame. Maybe they were removed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (2,400 Views)

Crooked Cops?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest patch after Snowy Escape
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Police Officer Career in Get to Work
What happens when the bug occurs? Cops are either suspects of behind bars.
What do you expect to see? Regular random suspects and detectives being detectives.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape Pack

One of my Sims is police chief. She had gathered clues and done all her analysis to get an APB for a mean female wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt with brown hair. I get to the APB site and there she is! Much to my surprise and dismay, she is my friend, Noel, and she is a fellow Detective. She is also the only other Sim in the whole library. I can't Ask her about the suspect and I can't arrest her. So, what do you do when you have a dirty cop on the Sim Force? I did what I could do and went back to the police station empty handed. As I was going to go about my other tasks to fill my work day, imagine my surprise when I found two of our detectives behind bars! I talked to them just fine but I couldn't let them out. I went to the station and fingerprinted and took mugshots of the criminals in the holding cell just fine and was able to lock them back up. 

So, either there needs to be some intervention with Sims Internal Affairs because our police force has more dirty cops than Gotham, or there's some bugs going on that need to be addressed. 

Message 13 of 32 (2,378 Views)

Detective Career suspect is a co-worker cannot arrest

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current as of 11-25-2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pets, pet stuff, get to work, seasons, parenthood, kids stuff, romantic garden, laundry really dont want to exit the game. probably more.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a co-worker be the suspect..... literally she matches the description i cannot arrest her no matter what. ive arrested everyone else. says shes a co-worker on her sims profile... so im guessing its the reason.
What happens when the bug occurs? i can discus work and case theories with rosemary clevenger but thats about it.
What do you expect to see? this resolved ive been trying to get his career maxed to support more kids.... bills are like 5k. its been 2 in game weeks of not being able to arrest her. i cannot advance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can talk to her about work/ case related topics but nothing more.

Message 14 of 32 (2,330 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Cannot arrest suspect if suspect is also a police office

★★★ Newbie
@SorchaNiC Hi. How do i get the suspect to quit their job?
Message 15 of 32 (2,232 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Cannot arrest suspect if suspect is also a police officer

★★ Novice

Well, it would seem this is still an issue as I have just encountered this for my first case by myself. :'-(

Message 16 of 32 (1,943 Views)

★ Guide

In an unmodded game, the suspect will always be a newly created Sim. If you have an existing Sim (in this case: police officer) chosen for the role, this is due to a mod (probably Paulsons NPC mod or a similar mod, though it will not happen with my townieoverhaul_lessfame as I made sure to not mess with the suspect filters.

So this one clearly is NOT a game issue.

Message 17 of 32 (1,932 Views)

Hero
@83bienchen But there's users in here saying they never used mod and one of them used to be a regular here that I completely trust.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 32 (1,918 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I found a fix. Turn on testing cheats (testingcheats enabled after pressing CTRL + shift + C) and then add the suspect to your family via shift + Left click and then have them quit or retire from the police job. After that you can remove them from your family the same way you added them. Attempt to arrest then. Sometimes it says it’s the incorrect suspect even though I know they are the one I’m searching for, so just go back to the police station and reiniciarte the APB and it should mark them as the proper suspect then. Hope this helps y’all!

Message 19 of 32 (1,897 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict That may be so.

I can only talk about what's in the code and the filters are properly set for that one. Sims in the detective career are even expressively excluded by a separate test.

The report is also rather old. I remember there being a bug where existing Sims were taken for all roles excluding them a while back, but this one is long gone by now.
Message 20 of 32 (1,885 Views)