by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Cannot arrest suspect if suspect is also a police officer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All add-ons installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start Detective Career. 2. Wait until game assigns a Sim that is also in the Detective Career, as the main suspect in a case. 3. Cannot arrest suspect.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot "Arrest the Suspect" or "Ask about Suspect".
What do you expect to see? Can arrest suspect regardless of career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Workaround:
1. I had the suspect quit their job in the Detective career.

2. I was then able to issue the APB again with my Sim, and arrest the suspect.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 32 (13,006 Views)

Re: [Detective Career] Cannot arrest suspect if the suspect is also a police off

Champion
In my game, for each case the game first decides on a random set of clues and then generates a completely new sim to match those clues and be the criminal suspect. So I haven't actually seen it able to use any of my existing sims as suspects, as it's highly improbable any of my sims are ever a 100% clue match for all six clues.

The game also has filters that prevent criminals and decoy suspects from being chosen if they're in the detective career. And it has filters on the employees at the police station being hired if they have the hidden criminal trait that only the correct suspect has.

So your situation could have been caused by mods you had previously active while the game was hiring police or generating criminals. Removing those mods after the game has assigned police and criminals wouldn't fix it.

How long was your play time between starting the case and issuing the APB? Do you play rotational style (i.e. do you switch between multiple different families and play them for a while) or do you only play a single family (which is your detective)?
Message 2 of 32 (12,982 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO/A][GTW]Cannot arrest suspect if the suspect is also a police off

Hero

Tagging @SorchaNiC  for further info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 32 (12,931 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO/A][GTW]Cannot arrest suspect if the suspect is also a police off

Champion (Retired)

Cannot arrest because suspect is a coworker fellow police officer,
- EQ
Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

Suspect Is Coworker Cannot Arrest 072119.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 32 (12,872 Views)

Arrest bug- career interactions not even available on suspect

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, 4 Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Stranger Ville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sergeant level of the Police Career. I issued the APB and the first time I entered there were two people who matched the description. "Red Hair, Slacks, Female," the one person I was able to ask about suspect and "arrest" the second no career interactions were available. I attempted to introduce myself thinking perhaps after that I could.. still no go. So I arrested the person I could. Hoping one of two things would happen- 1 the person I could interact with would be the suspect, or 2 if there was a bug it would work it's way out after a different set of steps were taken.
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter the APB location, the suspect is around. I can only do basic social interactions. No arresting nor asking about suspect.
What do you expect to see? An interaction that allows arrest and asking about suspect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Picture attached.

Message 5 of 32 (12,791 Views)

Re: Arrest bug- career interactions not even available on suspect

Hero
@Darkdani81 Can you ask the person that you can't arrest what career she's in ?

What happenes when you arrest the other one ? Did she turn out to be the wrong one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (12,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes she was innocent.

I have turned the game on and off. Sent my sim to work without me. Even restarted my computer. Still with the same result

Message 7 of 32 (12,756 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Darkdani81 There is a known issue if the suspect is a police officer themselves. Hence the question if you can find out what career she has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (12,744 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, She is a cadet.

Message 9 of 32 (12,733 Views)

Hero
@Darkdani81 Merging this with existing thread then

You should be able to reset the case via cheat menu.

Use testing cheats and then there should be a menu on the sim for the detective career. This way you can get a new case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (12,724 Views)