Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Cannot arrest suspect if suspect is also a police officer

by RealGinjaNinja

Original Post

Hero
@83bienchen Yes, this was fixed before but there were still reports coming in after it was fixed, unfortunately.

I don't know what the exact current status is but as long as there's no patch notes or no one from EA coming saying it's fixed, this remains an open issue.

There are probably a lot of threads that have been fixed by now but usually if there's still me toos and people coming in saying they have the issue, something is off.

@RealGinjaNinja I'm curious, are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (592 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not using any mods. I just started messing around with the testing cheats and ended up finding the solution I did that works. I doubt it prevented or will prevent any future instance of this issue, but it's a solution you can fix on the spot in game without entering your game files or having to do anything drastic or long to do. So I'm hoping enough noise will be made that a patch will come out, but this solution isn't too annoying for me to have to do beyond the fact that I have to deal with this issue at all.

Message 22 of 32 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict^

In case ya missed it cause I didn't tag ya

Message 23 of 32 (518 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I found this thread while googling as I also had this issue and wanted to share another way to get around this glitch! If you're using MC Command Center, follow these steps for my method:

Click the suspect and select the option to open the MC Command Center Panel

Click 'MC Cheats'

Click 'Cheat Sim Info'

Click 'Career Cheats...'

Click 'Quit Job'

This will make the sim quit their career instantly on the spot. In my case it allowed the "Arrest" and "Ask about Suspect" to pop up immediately afterwards and I was able to successfully arrest the suspect.

Message 24 of 32 (498 Views)

Hero
@RealGinjaNinja Thanks for the confirmation. I did see it but didn't answer. Sorry about that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 32 (475 Views)

Re: Arrest bug- career interactions not even available on suspect

★★★ Newbie

[Workaround Solution]

- become good friends with the sim

- convince the sim to change their career (chat with the sim -> friendly -> Deep Thoughts -> Ask to pursue their dream job) 

- now you can successfully arrest 

They will probably refuse to change their career from the first try. Third time was the charm for me

Message 26 of 32 (354 Views)

Cant arrest sim

★ Novice

Im having trouble arresting a sim. I've put out the apb and all the clues point to the sim. It will let me talk to them and interact in every other way possible but I cant arrest them. Cant even ask them about the suspect. Can do this with literally anyone else walking up but not this one sim. I've tried reseting them. I've tried going back to the police station or trying the next day. I've even exited the game and restarted my pc. Still the same thing. Any ideas guys?? 

Message 27 of 32 (320 Views)

Re: Cant arrest sim

Hero
@atarigirl420 Could you find out what occupation the Sim has ? Sometimes they are police officer themselves and you can't arrest them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 32 (298 Views)

★ Novice

She was a cop. I basically found a loophole. When I restarted the game I went back to the board to add new clues and thats when it gave me a new suspect. It was weird but I managed to arrest another sim. 

Message 29 of 32 (293 Views)

Hero
@atarigirl420 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too in the first post.

Glad you found a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (289 Views)