by Cinthilaa

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Can't interrogate suspect on recolored tables

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city leaving, cats and dogs, parenthood, get together, get to work, romantic stuff pack, cinema, spa day,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, maybe starting the detective career
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won't interrogate the suspect she arrested. I click on the table and select the suspect but the interaction doesn't show up in queue and nothing happens
What do you expect to see? I expect her to interrogate the suspect
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, my sim juste started the detective career and first day went fine, except in the end when she had to scan someone's prints and the suspect wouldn't go the station to get her shot taken and stuff, she'd stay by the receptionist desk for some reason. But I thought whatever, the work day is over. Second day, 1st mission was to go on patrol. So I sent her there, to some residential lot, but the task didn't shift to whatever she was supposed to do on patrol, it stayed on "go on patrol" so I thought maybe it includes doing some police business. Sims around started fighting each other, but she couldn't do a thing, she couldn't arrest them or fine them... The only available interactions weren't cop related, like she could introduce herself and chat basically. What a great cop, right ?!

I asked for help on the Sims 4 community and was advised to do so:

"Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

The issues still continue, try having your sim quit their career. Then have them rejoin it, and see if the issues remain."

I removed my sims 4 folder and started fresh, used my save to test the career but she still couldn't interrogate. I repaired the game through origin and tried again without the mods folder and still, same problem. Before doing all that I'd tried to quit the career and join again, started a new case but she still couldn't interrogate which was why I asked for help. It had been advised to other users having the same issue, as well as replacing the interrogation table (didn't work for me neither). I also tried using the career cheat to promote her and see if that unlocks something. She's now level 4 and still can't interrogate her suspect, even though it's part of her daily tasks.

As removing my mods didn't change a thing I consider that it's not mods or CC related, and repairing the game didn't help. I couldn't continue my discussion on the Sims 4 community forum as the topic was closed and for some reason I'm enable to post anywhere else (I can't find the button to start a new topic or post a comment, it's like it disappeared !). 

Anyway, I'd love to find a solution as I quite enjoy playing with the active careers. Otherwise, i'll just switch careers.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 20 (8,728 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective Career Issues

★ Novice
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! Just changing it back to the normal color fixed it.
Message 1 of 20 (9,045 Views)

Re: Detective career - Can't interrogate suspect

Champion
My detectives are able to interrogate suspects fine, get criminals in and out of cells to search/fingerprint/mugshot them without any issues and when they go on patrol it has all the correct patrol related goals.

So I think you're probably having some kind of specific to your save/machine issue.

It does sound abnormal, because on the first work day you are only supposed to go to a crime scene and gather clues, then go back to the station and analyse them. Then they game should tell you to file the report on a computer.

Then on day two the goal should be going on a patrol and when you return to the station it should have given you four clues to go and catch a suspect in your first APB.

I don't think you're supposed to be able to interrogate anyone before that. Then, after getting a confession it should complete your first case and you should be promoted from cadet to officer.

It's only after then, that the initial orientation of new detectives is complete and you can then start running your own cases on your own.
Message 3 of 20 (8,612 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Cinthilaa

I can't reproduce your bug either, but interrogating seems to be glitchy for other players, too. The gurus are already aware of this. You may also read this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Can-t-release-suspect-from-cell/m-p/6874326#M63675

Message 4 of 20 (8,602 Views)

Hero

Hi @Cinthilaa

did you have any luck with this ?

If not, have you also tried a new save to see how that goes ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (8,544 Views)

Hero
Tagging @Cinthilaa for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (8,481 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi ! Sorry, I kinda zoned out... But yes, I figured it out in the end. So after trying fixing my game, removing my mods folder, clearing the whole Sims 4 folder, quitting her job to enroll again, but nothing worked.

I had looked at what other users experienced and what worked for them and I had already tried to see if the table was in its original colour or a recolour, since some people said that the bug occurd when the table wasn't in its original colour. But at first I thought it was the original one so I just copied and paste a new table but it didn't change anything, I couldn't really see the different colour options. But when nothing else worked I tried that again and realized mine was the green paste, so not the original (had to see the difference in the legs). I changed it to grey and then it worked fine. 

So, conclusion, the bug has to do with the recolours. If you use the first version of the table, it works fine. Hopefully they'll fix that in the next patch ? 'Cause it was a nightmare trying to figure out what was wrong... That and sims dancing when looking at a wedding ceremony (so annoying).

Thank all of you for your help and dedication, sorry for taking so much time for the feedback !

Message 7 of 20 (8,471 Views)

Hero
I actually thought that was fixed already

Maybe it came back with one of the patches.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (8,461 Views)

★★ Guide
I too experienced this and once I changed the interrogation table back to the original color it worked again. I think it might have been brought back again
Message 9 of 20 (8,441 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Can't interrogate suspect on recolored tables

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (8,385 Views)