by jamofjars

Original Post

[FIXED] [GTW] Can only take one photo on Photo Studio

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, as of 29th June '18
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a household with multiple adult sims in it on a lot with a Photo Studio
What happens when the bug occurs? You can take one group photo with them, but a second group photo is not possible. The camera mode does not open itself up for the second group photo shoot, the sims simply stand there with the interaction in their queue.
What do you expect to see? The standard camera mode which opens itself up for the first shoot should open itself up again for the second shoot (which is does not)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The same issue does not occur with the single sim photos, I've done a bit of testing surrounding it.

I've also found that by taking a single sim photo after the first group, you can then proceed to take a second group photo, but not a third. The same issue occurs again.

As always, mods were removed, localthumbcache was deleted, completely fresh save with sims that don't even know what CC stands for.

Message 1 of 8 (2,646 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Can only take one photo on Photo Studio

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,561 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you fix it

Message 3 of 8 (2,487 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Still happening. I had not used the photo studio in a while.
I made a pair of teens and wanted to take their pics together. My current household was already full so I popped them in another household. I got one shot of the two of them together after giving another Sim the photography skill. After the one shot of the two teens the game or I should say the Sims just froze. The one Sim was at the camera and the teens were just standing there doing that idle motion thing. I finally got some pice to post but it was horrid trying to get them.
Never use Mods or CC
Game Version 1.46.18.1020
I had only been playing this save for one Sim week. I had deleted the entire Sims 4 folder and started fresh.
Also repaired the game before this session.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 8 (2,383 Views)

★ Guide

I just tried using the photo studio in a completely vanilla game and had the exact same issue. I can take one set of 5 photos on the initial queue up just fine, but if I queue up to take another set of 5 photos the sims just stand around without any response even though the action is fully queued. 

Message 5 of 8 (2,328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I found a workaround for this issue while trying to take pictures of 2 sims together.

1. try to take the group photo

2. if you manage to take the photo then try the 'take photo of' then back out of that camera mode

3. keep alternating photo modes for each photo you need.

It took me 3x longer than it should have to get 3 group photos but so long as I kept alternating the photo modes I was able to get 3 group photos done...

Message 6 of 8 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've been having the issue for some time. Hope it gets fixed eventually.
Message 7 of 8 (1,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could anyone test if they still see this after today's patch ?

(PC/Mac only)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,586 Views)